What should I do now?

Options
I am almost done with the 30 Day Shred and it has worked really well for me! I have never done any kind of weight training before and I am so excited with the change in my body so far. So now that I will be finishing the 30 Day Shred... What should I do? I like the fact that I can do the 30 day shred at home and I don't have much equitment so doing a workout that only requires 5lb weights is great.

I would love any suggestions. Here are some of my stats if that is helpful:

Weight:157
Height: 5'4"
Arm: 11"
Bust: 30"
Waist: 26"
Hips:35"
Thigh: 23.5"

As you can see I am super pear shaped so I would love a workout that will help tone my legs/saddle bags.(I already do cardio -running and zumba- about 3 times a week) I really want something lined up so when I'm done with the 30DS I can jump into another daily routine! Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Replies

• Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 DS myself, but I've seen a lot of people say they're moving to her 30 day Ripped after the shred. That's what I've thought about going to when I'm done with this one.
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I did the Ripped in 30 by Jillian. Similar to the 30 day shred... 4 levels, done in 30 mins. :) best of luck to you!!
  • Jacium
    Jacium Posts: 6
    Options
    You should continue to do weight training, and increase the weight loadings to continue to build stronger muscles. About 4 years ago I changed my nutrition and lost about 45 lbs. Then, I did light excercise, and lost another 13 lbs. My weight was down, but my body shape was still "Pear". Finally, I did the Body-for-Life challenge, and really hit the weights and cardio hard. Now I'm lean, toned, and my hips and glutes are right-sized. The only known way to change your body shape is resistance training, so if that is your goal, you should continue to lift weights and combine it (every other day) with cardio (running, elliptical, etc.). Since you seem to have enjoyed good success thus far, I would recommend you also visit the BodyforLife site, which has a lot of excercise regimens and recipes for good nutrition.
  • samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You should continue to do weight training, and increase the weight loadings to continue to build stronger muscles. About 4 years ago I changed my nutrition and lost about 45 lbs. Then, I did light excercise, and lost another 13 lbs. My weight was down, but my body shape was still "Pear". Finally, I did the Body-for-Life challenge, and really hit the weights and cardio hard. Now I'm lean, toned, and my hips and glutes are right-sized. The only known way to change your body shape is resistance training, so if that is your goal, you should continue to lift weights and combine it (every other day) with cardio (running, elliptical, etc.). Since you seem to have enjoyed good success thus far, I would recommend you also visit the BodyforLife site, which has a lot of excercise regimens and recipes for good nutrition.

Thank you! I have been wanting to do more with weight training and I know the ripped in 30 days is an option but I will def. check out the BodyforLife site too!
  • SunnyLuc87
    Options
    The Method - Pilates Target Specifics Abs, Arms, Hips, Thighs

If you want another video you can do without equipment, look this up if you think it sounds like something you might like. The lady's name is Jennifer Kries and she blends yoga, pilates, and dance. It's a little (maybe more than a little) old but I always liked her videos. The hips & thighs one is really good if you want to tone those areas.
  • samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

If you want another video you can do without equipment, look this up if you think it sounds like something you might like. The lady's name is Jennifer Kries and she blends yoga, pilates, and dance. It's a little (maybe more than a little) old but I always liked her videos. The hips & thighs one is really good if you want to tone those areas.

Thanks I will look into this!
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options

I know I'm totally reviving an old thread, but I just bought this DVD yesterday. Found it for $4.99 CAD. I did it when I got home, and wow. What a workout. There is not a wasted second in this video. I am definitely going to be doing this one on a regular basis. I'm pretty darn sure I'll be seeing some hard results. I could feel it the entire time. Still feeling it. :)