What did you choose?

Options
Just wondering if some people are active but selected sedentary lifestyle to go with a lower daily calorie allowance?? Will it make a huge difference?

Replies

• twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    eg. I chose lightly active because I'm up and moving around after my twins all day, would that be right for me then?? I don't want to be eating too much
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you set it at lightly active and you are losing weight, then dont stress. A greater caloric deficit doesnt always mean more weight loss... especially if you are close to a normal weight. I have a custom set up based on the katch mcardle formula as it takes body fat into the equation. But i also includes exercise as part ofbthe equation so i am moderately active.
  • tdotali
    tdotali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You don't want to be eating too much, but you don't want to be eating too little either. Not eating enough will slow down your metabolism. Is a balancing game that takes some trial and error to see the best fit for you :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and I had to select very active to get the right level of calories. MFP say that I should maintain at 1400-1500 calories while in fact I maintain at 1900-2000. It is really trial and error but since you are probably pretty much all the time on your feet I would not choose sedentary.
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I selected lightly active since I am on my feet all day at work. There's a lot of physical in my job. I am not very active at home though. Sedentary is more for someone who sits all day at work, or is a major couch potato, or for someone who is confined to a wheel chair.
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and I had to select very active to get the right level of calories. MFP say that I should maintain at 1400-1500 calories while in fact I maintain at 1900-2000. It is really trial and error but since you are probably pretty much all the time on your feet I would not choose sedentary.
    You are likely more active at home. It all depends on the person.