New 6 week routine

Options
This is a post mainly for my friends but any input would be nice.......
(some of the names may not be textbook ~~~3-4 sets - reps?~~~
Monday . Bis/Tris
Preacher hammer curls
Concentration curls
Close grip bench
Overhead DB extension
Rope pull down
21 barbell curls
Reverse barbell curls

Tues. Shoulders
DB Shouder press
Seated bent rear delt raise
Standing shoulder press
Shrugs
Front barbell raise
Rear delt fly mach

Wens. Legs
Squats
Lying leg curl
Leg extension machine
Standing calf raise
Hip Abductions

Thurs. Chest
Bench Press (db or bar)
Incline Press (db or bar)
Decline flys
Press machine
Fly mach
Cable Crosses
Dips

Friday. Back/extra Bis
T bar
Bent rows
Close grip Lat Pulldown
Wide Pulldown
High Row machine
Deadlifts
Back extensions
Extra Biceps would be random

Cardio atleast 4 days a week 15-30 minutes normally and abs are when ever I have time and between sets

Replies

• citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Nice. I pretty much stick to the same routine, but some days I try to do more. I think I may try and shake it up a little though. Maybe even try to get back into some yoga. :)
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    yoga =Great !!! and yes I try to switch things up every 6-8 weeks ,, need to keep challenging yourself in new ways!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    for the life of me i can never understand why people focus so much on their upper body then have pigeon legs. 3 days of upper 2 days of legs
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    for the life of me i can never understand why people focus so much on their upper body then have pigeon legs. 3 days of upper 2 days of legs

Normally after leg day my legs hurt for 2-3 days and sometimes have to be careful on the steps when leaving the gym even... no chicken legs here ,, will post a pic sometime. and yes I am a guy and am more concerned with my upper body like 99% of the other guys on here will say as well. Leg day is important but I have no need to do it more then once a week ;-)
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Normally after leg day my legs hurt for 2-3 days and sometimes have to be careful on the steps when leaving the gym even... no chicken legs here ,, will post a pic sometime. and yes I am a guy and am more concerned with my upper body like 99% of the other guys on here will say as well. Leg day is important but I have no need to do it more then once a week ;-)

Chicken legs are terrible. lol
  • RockinBooty89
    Options
    Looks like a great week, but I am with citygirl, love my yoga! Although I'm officially starting Insanity Monday, I think there is reasonable variation in those workouts, but even then I'm enough of a yoga addict to do that on the rest day that program designates.