Buying decent HRM on a budget (uk) ?

Options
Can anyone tell me of a decent HRM that I could buy for £40 or less? Thanks! :)

Replies

• CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    What do you want it for? I personally like Garmin GPS heart rate computers and you can sometimes get a good deal on eBay for a refurbished one.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    What do you want it for? I personally like Garmin GPS heart rate computers and you can sometimes get a good deal on eBay for a refurbished one.
    I want it for counting my calories burned during excersise while at the gym. The numbers I get on the excersise equipment seem quite high. :)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I picked up a second hand polar ft4 on ebay for £48 have a loook here
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=polar+ft4&_sacat=0&_from=R40

or you could get a new one for an extra £25

Ft 4 is an entry level HRM but will do all you want :bigsmile:
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I picked up a second hand polar ft4 on ebay for £48 have a loook here
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=polar+ft4&_sacat=0&_from=R40

or you could get a new one for an extra £25

Ft 4 is an entry level HRM but will do all you want :bigsmile:
    Thanks! I'll take a look on eBay! ;D
  • Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    I have the FT4, I bought it from argos, though. That cost me £70. So if you can get it on ebay for less, go for it! One of the best things I've ever bought for my weightloss :)
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I have the FT4, I bought it from argos, though. That cost me £70. So if you can get it on ebay for less, go for it! One of the best things I've ever bought for my weightloss :)
    How do you find it compares to the numbers given on the equipment at the gym? :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    190742265865 Item number on Ebay.co.uk is new and buy-it-now at £30

there are some more sophisticated units on ebay too, check the manuals and see how much personalisation they allow for accurate calorie figures - if you can input your VO2max it helps with accuracy.
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Kelly Holmes pink HRM watch from Tesco, £26, job done. Chest strap way more comfortable than my Garmin one, and seems just as accurate.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Kelly Holmes pink HRM watch from Tesco, £26, job done. Chest strap way more comfortable than my Garmin one, and seems just as accurate.
    Thank you! ;)