Looking for new Friends!

Options
I've been on here since April and have lost almost 50 pounds. I am a 48 yea old single mom from Iowa with a teenager. I love to run, lift and dare I say it...eat! I could use some pals where we can both encourage each other along the way!

Replies

• nz50
    nz50 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Sandra. I am Nancy, a 51 year old engineer living and working in Los Angeles. I am married and have a son in college and a daughter in her last year in high school. I am having a hard time getting any kind of momentum going with my weight loss. Lost only 6 pounds so far and the last two of those keep coming back at me. I am not much of a social media person but this is such a lonely journey. Your weight loss is pretty inspiring. Do you run every day? I am hopeless at running but I love to hike.
  • rakbar
    rakbar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandra, I am sending my friend request. I am new to the social media and weight management concept but not to the whole weight loss roller coaster. You certainly have achieved some great results and I would love to learn as well share with you.
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    feel free to add me! im always here for support and encouragement!
  • susiejos
    susiejos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also hoping friends will help keep me motivated. You've lost so much weight already! I'm a mum in my early 40s with younger children. It would be great to get in touch and learn how you've done so well
  • ajy1976
    ajy1976 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I'm new to the site but battling weight has always been a roller coaster ride. I hope we can encourage and learn from one another!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Run, lift, and eat - that's me!!!:smile:
    Sending request your way.....
    Hope you have a great half!
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing weight loss! Feel free to add me, I am fairly new to all this, and am enjoying the support of the mfp community. I have two daughters, 7 and 5, and need to lose 20 pounds, problem is I like to eat too much and I am not the world's best exerciser - hopeless in fact! But hoping for change! Anyone else in the same boat, please add me!
  • carmeldelight2012
    Options
    hey there!! I haven't been on here very long. But I'm so glad I found the app. I'm a single mom to a beautiful 6 mos old. and trying to loose the weight from my pregnancy has been a challege! Looking for friends as well!
  • Twanna123
    Options
    Hey im looking for new friends also!!
  • chickalillie1
    chickalillie1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Julie. I have recently joined. I have 5 stone plus to lose. I am trying to get motivated. I gave up smoking in May 2012 and put on all the weight I lost. Now I need help/support to get me going. You will find me very supportive, so add me if you want.. I have my own group on facebook called motivate me - check it out. Anyways keep positive :flowerforyou: .
  • Hallucihate
    Hallucihate Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm Briana, and I'm 18. I just started today, kinda haha. I've had my account since Jun but never bothered to use it. I'll like some friends who I can talk to for tips/advice/motivation or just basic chit chat. Feel free to add me (:
  • Peypeypalmer
    Options
    I am fairly new to this site and could use some friends too. I could use the help with staying on track.
  • SP2Bfit
    SP2Bfit Posts: 114
    Options
    sounds like we have enough in common to be good MFP friends. Here's to continued success for both of us!
  • anaodep
    anaodep Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello ! I am very new on here and have no friends yet. I am in my 20s and looking to lose 15 pounds to start. I just recently finished the couch 2 5k program and i do a little bit of weight lifting but i haven't lost any weight yet because I can't stop eating! I hope tracking my calories will help!
    Please add me so we can help eachother through this journey!