HELP

Options
Ok, so today I had to attend a party where I did not intend to eat cake and one thing lead to another and I ate a piece of cake. So now I keep hearing this little voice saying, "Don't go to the gym, just go home and eat pizza. You already ate cake and ruined the day, so it doesn't matter". Ugh can someone talk some sense into me, please?????

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have to look at myself in the mirror and say "So you ate a piece of cake. Big deal. Get over it. Go to the gym, do your workout and enjoy the rest of your day. You will feel so much better - now shut up and just do it" Usually works :laugh: The hardest one for me is getting my sorry behind out of bed in the a.m. :ohwell:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    That's probably the thinking that got you overweight to begin with. NO PIZZA and get your butt to the gym!! :)
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    Ok, so today I had to attend a party where I did not intend to eat cake and one thing lead to another and I ate a piece of cake. So now I keep hearing this little voice saying, "Don't go to the gym, just go home and eat pizza. You already ate cake and ruined the day, so it doesn't matter". Ugh can someone talk some sense into me, please?????

You already know what you need to do, or you wouldn't have posted on here. Move past the piece of cake and get to the gym. It's just a piece of cake, not a ruined day.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Log the cake and go to the gym to work the cal off. If you really want pizza work extra hard and have a slice or two (not the whole thing)... That's one of the benefits of exercise, you can eat more. Just make sure the rest of your day is filled with healthy food. Good luck.
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    I agree with both ladies! no excuses! go to the gym!! we all slip up once in a while but if you just give up the only one who loses is you. Skip the pizza, give yourself a break about the cake and get a GREAT workout in!
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Chances are, you're going to eat another piece of cake in your life. So every time you eat a piece of cake are you going to just go crazy and binge for the rest of the day? Does that sound like a life style change?

Get your booty to the gym, work off that cake and then some!!!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You should Log your cake and go to the gym you will feel better.. You are going to eat cake in life, it's all about knowing the numbers.. After you log it you will kno how much you need to burn to make you feel better!!

Get to the gym!! :)
  • jamijensen
    Options
    Go to the gym, and then you won't have to feel guilty about the cake! That's half my motivation for working out, so I have those extra calories. You can't deny yourself every treat or snack, or you will end up bingeing on Ben and Jerry's every week. Just be sensible about it. I let myself have a small piece of dark chocolate after dinner because that's when I really crave something sweet. I just don't let myself eat the whole bag! So if you had the piece of cake, go to the gym, and go home to a healthy meal. You probably won't be very far off on your calorie intake for the day.

You're doing great, though! Don't give up!
  • DdAiSyY
    Options
    Thanks everyone for posting. I went to the gym and came home and ate a reasoanble dinner. (I even stayed under my calories for the day). Sometimes I just need a little help to point me in the right direction. :)