what would you do - ice cream sundae for supper?

Options
when i was growing up, about 4 times a year my mom would declared it ice cream sundae night and we would have that fro supper. they were never really planned in advance and not for any major special occassion. i loved it and we do it in our house now too.

i planned on having baked mac and cheese tonight with various veggies and pineapple, but my son won his jump rope conpetition at school and asked for ice cream sundae night instead. i have the bananas, ice cream, strawberry, pineapple and chocolate toppings in the house. both 'meals' work with our lent obligations.

i already know what we are going to do, but i am just wondering what you would do? :)
dawn

Replies

• mhollist
    Options
    I say have some fun and have an ice cream sundae supper! baked mac and cheese can always keep til tomorrow and you should celebrate your son's accomplishment!
  • MaryFrances65
    MaryFrances65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Family is more important.! Enjoy and celebrate. you can always exercise more on the weekend. Have fun!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'd let everyone enjoy the sundae and have my dinner and maybe a little sundae afterwards. OR have the sundae first and a sensible dinner afterwards. Either way I wouldnt forgo the proper dinner - I know if I only had the sundae, Id trigger horrible cravings and likely binge. But that's just me.
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    ice cream sundae night!!! i think stuff like that is special! my mom did "junk food day" (she's always been health obsessed) twice a year...any time we would ask for junk food, she would say "wait until junk food day" and we would...and then on junk food day we would totally pig out and be glad not to do it again for a while! i will do this with my son when he's older....and will for sure partake! a few times a year...hell yeah...it's special!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    It's not like you have it every night, I'm sure... it is a treat - a special occassion... heck, I would!! :drinker: ENJOY your sundaes and your children!!!!!! If you use a healthy ice cream I don't see a bit problem??? Anyone else??? :bigsmile:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yum, I'd take it. Little pleasures like that are what makes life so great sometimes, and depriving yourself or your family of them isn't worth it. Ice cream, and then maybe a family walk around the neighborhood afterward to enjoy the togetherness and burn a little of the sundae off :smile:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I'd definately have ice cream sundae night. Its only a few times a year and its a big acheivement you're celebrating! I hope you decided to enjoy, have a great night!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    He won the jump rope competition?!? That deserves ice cream sundae for sure!:drinker:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I'll tell u what I did the other day...had a lot of extra cals so I decided to have an ice cream sundae. I had some hot fudge sauce, but I wanted peanut butter. So I mixed the hot fudge + pb and heated it in the microwave then poured it over the ice cream. HEAVEN! I hope you at least let him have a little sundae :smile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Ice cream sundae night all the way... :bigsmile: :love:

I learned the hard way, when I lost my Mom unexpectedly when I was 20, that memories mean more than ANYTHING in life... :blushing:

Go for it!! (And have a scoop for me!!) :wink:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i had a 698 calorie sundae for supper. hoo-boy. :) it was worth the sugar headache i have now (101g of sugar - oh my!). the boys are deliriously happy. and maybe a little extra bouncy. lol.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    i had a 698 calorie sundae for supper. hoo-boy. :) it was worth the sugar headache i have now (101g of sugar - oh my!). the boys are deliriously happy. and maybe a little extra bouncy. lol.

Good for you! :drinker:
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    ice cream sundae. these are the memories your son will remember. don't let him remember you as the one who wouldn't join in "party pooper" haha/ just have a decent amount and well excercise a little more the next couple of days.
  • JKanaan
    Options
    I think I would have substituted frozen yogurt for the ice cream to try and save a bit of the calories, and put fresh fruit on it as well, and spoiled myself with the chocolate sauce..