When do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I weigh most mornings before eating or drinking and after bathroom duties have been sorted. I only record my weight when it drops as my scales only show whole lbs and because I lose less than that a week it might say the same reading for 2 or 3 weeks. Then suddenly drop. I try not to be too obsessive about the reading, as long as I get at least 1 lb drop every couple of weeks I am happy.

I always blame water when it show higher . :drinker:
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    in the morning butt azz naked after i use the bathroom
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I wake up! Its just an accountability thing for me...Keeps me in check , and tbh, has worked! I haven't gained any weight, always maintained for a bit or lost weight!
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    actually your best weight is the morning as the food you consume throughout the day has weight but it isn't fat so it really isn't true.

All that said, I never weigh..it isn't a valid or accurate measure of body composition and too variable to be counted upon.

I just take pics and measure.
  • mountaincat4
    Options
    Once every week or two, in the morning. Daily fluctuations in weight are so typical that I gave up on daily checkins with the scale. Also, I try to weigh myself wearing the same kind of clothes, or lack of them. If I weigh with clothes on, then it's not quite accurate. If naked, then it's the real deal.
  • mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make sense to me to to weigh myself at the end of the day because that number can vary so much just due to the amount of water you have drank. When it comes to weighing yourself, the most important thing is that you do it the same time, every time. I always weigh myself in the morning after I go to the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm of the belief you should weigh yourself at night after the day as this is your true weight.

I wouldn't say it is your true weight, Its you + food + water and would change depending on how much/little you drank and ate that day. Not very accurate.

Saying that, I weigh Thursday afternoons when I get home from work (it's my half day)
  • 01carla
    01carla Posts: 14
    Options
    does it really matter - as long as you are weighing yourself the same time each week or each fortnight.
  • lykei
    lykei Posts: 3
    Options
    I was always told, that as a female, to weigh myself the same day and time once a week and not to do it on a menstrating week (on the same scale). My personal trainer instructed me of this. He suggested also to do it before I get my day going on (not having eaten or drank anything). So I weigh in usually on Tuesdays in the morning before I eat or drink anything. Then sometimes I do it through the week for encouragement when I'm struggling but still following the guidelines given!!:bigsmile:
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    If you weigh yourself in night every week it won't be the true weight because it will depend on amount of food/drink you got that day. IMO at least?

I weigh myself every Friday morning.
  • cristina_marie
    Options
    I'm doing a workout with 3 phases (ChaLEAN Extreme), I typically weight myself in the middle and end of each phase, in the morning after I've given my body a few minutes to stretch out and I've used the bathroom. Weighting yourself can become dangerous or can be disappointing resulting in lack of motivation if you aren't seeing the results you want.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I'm of the belief you should weigh yourself at night after the day as this is your true weight.

Some people wait until you've fasted the night before, make sure you clear out waste and then weigh yourself.

What do you think?

Whenever you weigh, THAT is your true weight. You weigh what you weigh when you weigh.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I weigh each and every morning! I am not obsessed with losing weight! I use the scale as a tool to keep me on track , just as a person with high blood pressure uses a blood pressure monitor or the diabetic uses the glucose monitor.

Wishing you continued success in your journey to a healthier you!:)
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    if you keep it consistent, it will be an accurate representation of the weight you lost, if you weight yourself in the AM before eating all the time...you will see the loss or gain....but if you weight yourself in the AM, and then on the next day, you weigh yourself at night, you'll be dissapointed...will see the gain from food, etc...
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    On a Saturday morning, first thing after I have been to the loo and before I eat or drink. More to the point it is only once a week, as keeping a consistent period between weigh-ins is the only way to make comparisons with one week over the next.

Weighing at the end of the day includes all you have eaten and drunk - if you weigh in the morning, this is when you have fasted overnight.

However, if you DO weigh in the evenings, always weigh the same day, the same time of day - what matters is consistency.

Don't weigh every day, nor several times a day - your weight naturally fluctuates all day, so once a week is enough to get good consistent results. If you are doing more, especially several times per day, then that is bordering on obsessive compulsive disorder!
  • rockheart
    rockheart Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Fridays, just after I wake up and use the bathroom.

I couldn't weigh myself daily. I'd go crazy. =S
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning, I feel that is my true weight. When I was doing weight watchers, I would fast for 4 or 5 hours to try and get the best reading on the scale. But I do limit it to once a week - usually Saturday or Sunday.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    every friday morning as soon as I get out of bed. Naked
  • dwoodmanjr
    dwoodmanjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My weigh-ins are Thursdays at lunch (a Weight Watchers @Work program), however I do look at my home scale each morning after I get-up, put the dog out then use the bathroom (he needs it first). The weekly weigh-in is the only one I actually track here -there are too many daily fluctuations.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in and record my weight once a week, Sunday morning after bathroom before coffee, naked. When I was trying to lose weight, it was twice a week, on Wednesdays and Fridays, Wednesdays because that was my start date on my journey and Fridays because it was before the weekend. Now that I've reached (exceeded) my goal, I actually weigh every day because I'm paranoid. I've lost this weight several times before and always gain it back, so I'm trying to figure out how not to gain it back this time. I know it's logging and keeping up the exercise, but weighing every day makes me feel better.