How EGGsactly does this work???

Options
If I put in "egg, large" and hit search it comes up with 70 calories. If I put in "large egg, hard boiled" it comes up with 211 calories. Are you trying to tell me that just COOKING an egg can increase it's caloric contents by three times? It wasn't fried, it was BOILED! No additives, no butter, no oil. WHAT GIVES???

Replies

• HeatherBurke
    Options
    I'm intrigued....
  • jamijensen
    Options
    No, that has to be some kind of mistake. A hard-boiled egg does NOT have 211 calories, and cooking it does not change the caloric count unless you add something to it (butter, milk, etc.) I checked this on several other sites to make sure I wasn't crazy. Most say that a large egg has about 70-76 calories . . . cooked or uncooked!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Obviously, someone put the wrong information in. :tongue:
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    MFP members can input items - that's why you always have to double check calories. The boiled egg should be 70 calories. Sounds like you found somebody's personal definition of boiled egg, probably slathered with butter!!!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    The hard boiled egg serving is for 1 cup not 1 egg. You can change the serving size to 1 large egg.
  • taz1978
    Options
    This is what I go by: for a medium egg.
    Egg White 17 calories
    Egg Yolk 59 calories
    Hard-Boiled Egg 76 calories

No extra cals for cooking :tongue:
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm soooo glad that all of you confirmed what I thought was true, that cooking an item doesn't change it's caloric content!
  • empiremom
    Options
    whoever put the 211 in musta had a slice of bacon and a toast with it! :tongue:
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    It's true - it was just boiled in butter.
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It's true - it was just boiled in butter.
    I just spit on my keyboard! That was funny!!!!