Old friend actually shocked! NSV

Options
SAGR2
SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
I just had a lovely experience, walking out of the supermarket with my husband just now, we met an old friend that I haven't seen for a couple of years. He was so surprised by how I looked that he blurted out, 'What have you done? You look fantastic.' When I said I had lost a stone and a half and that was it really he got all embarrased and started to apologise for mentioning it, but he didn't really need to because it made my day.

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • rockheart
    rockheart Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Lovely!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Love when that happens! = )
  • zonbilou
    zonbilou Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous feeling! good for you!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Great!
  • SAGR2
    Options
    Thanks for replying, it did cheer me up! :laugh:
  • RockyDon
    RockyDon Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Feels good when people say nice thing. And good for you
  • sandra152
    Options
    Can't wait for that to happen to me but i did get a complement of my Faughter in law she said look at you skinny ginny made my day.
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    love it congratulations!
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love it when that happens, especially when they have to look twice before they actually recognise you. Congratulations on a great NSV.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! That must be a FANTASTIC feeling!! You are doing a bang-up job!
  • archduchess
    Options
    Good for you! I saw my chiropractor after 10 months and 3 stone lighter, and he said "I'm not being rude, but man have you lost a lot of weight!" It's a great feeling isn't it?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    It makes you wonder how many people notice and don't say anything at all out of worry for offending. I think for every one comment I get there are three that went unsaid. It's a great feeling :-)
  • SAGR2
    Options
    Thanks everyone for replying and crumbs well done all of us for all the pounds we have sent packing! I agree, I think lots of people don't like to mention it when they think you have lost weight, they only do so when they are genuinely surprised into it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!