Type 1 Diabetics?

Options
Looking for some extra support and calling out to any type 1 diabetics in particular :smile:
I've just done a major friend clear-out, so don't bother adding If you disappear for days at a time or lack in support.
I'd like to think everyone is just as obsessed with this site as me !

:flowerforyou: :heart:

Replies

• goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    I don't personally have diabetes but my Dad does, he has to use the insulin needle thing every morning and night.
    Because of this though, I have to be extra cautious of taking care of myself because his is the type that can be hereditary or something. I'm not sure which one that is? Either way, it's the one that's not because he's overweight, he's a stick of a man haha.

I do find I struggle with energy levels though, like blood sugar levels I think? I want to go to the doctor to get tested for what's up with it all. So I find I need to eat something every couple of hours or I get a little wack haha.

I take it you have type 1 diabetes? how long have you had it? x
  • shm1289
    shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm a Type 1 and have been for over 13 years. I log daily (have missed 1 day in the past 4 months) and am serious about getting healthy. Feel free to add me!
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    I don't personally have diabetes but my Dad does, he has to use the insulin needle thing every morning and night.
    Because of this though, I have to be extra cautious of taking care of myself because his is the type that can be hereditary or something. I'm not sure which one that is? Either way, it's the one that's not because he's overweight, he's a stick of a man haha.

I do find I struggle with energy levels though, like blood sugar levels I think? I want to go to the doctor to get tested for what's up with it all. So I find I need to eat something every couple of hours or I get a little wack haha.

I take it you have type 1 diabetes? how long have you had it? x

Type 1, insulin dependance, is not hereditary. There is no exact proof of cause for it yet. It's almost a defficiency you are born with. Yeah, I was diagnosed when I was 8 years old and was extremely lucky...Good thing having a Mum as a nurse :smile:
    Sooooo that would make it 12 years this month !
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    I'm a Type 1 and have been for over 13 years. I log daily (have missed 1 day in the past 4 months) and am serious about getting healthy. Feel free to add me!

Added :flowerforyou:
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    Bump
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm type 1 and have been for 19 years :)
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    I'm type 1 and have been for 19 years :)

Added you :)
  • LipstickandIron
    LipstickandIron Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a Type 1, I have been for 8 years! :)
  • ceejay1477
    ceejay1477 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am type 1 and was diagnosed less than a year ago, I am seriously struggling with this life change and need some motivation :)
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have type 2..with absolute control.. I know its different with type 1...........but the premise is the same. If I can answer any questions ...feel free to ask. Id love to help.

FWIW....dont let a diagnosis of diabetes....1 or 2 be a death sentence...it doesnt need to be. also dont let it depress you, you can still eat pretty much what you want if you allow and plan for it...you can live life and enjoy things. You just do some things a bit different. PLEASE know that although you cant necessarily "beat" this......you CAN live happy AND successfully with it.

I'm just about the best damn cheerleader and supporter you'll ever have....if you wanna add me or ask me..please do so.

Here's a giggle

cattalkingtoscale.jpg
  • beckarini
    beckarini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm type 1 too (as are my mum and my brother!) - also I have hypothyroidism which makes things even more difficult!
    I'd love to know how type 1's are finding dieting and what works for you. I am used to counting my carbs but the thought of reducing them makes me want to cry! Feel fee to add me for support :)
    Becky x