back from california....

about 10lbs heavier.

We had such a fabulous trip. I'd never been that far west, but it was lovely. I had the best 21st birthday in Sonoma touring vineyards- LOVE IT. Of course, we ate at so many fabulous restaurants, I had no way of sticking to a low fat meal- so I blew it....way blew it.

My father's best friend is the chef at Boulevard in San Francisco (a FANTASTIC place) and of course when we went there, they brought out like 8 different courses for us and a different wine for each course. That was just one of 10 meals identical. But I will say, it was some of the best food I'd ever eaten. It was fresh and perfectly prepared and all organic. I visited the cooking school in Napa and I fell in love.

Why do I love food so much? I need to snap out of this...
Getting back to the gym is going to be ROUGH.

motivate me? please!

Replies

• LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    about 10lbs heavier.

We had such a fabulous trip. I'd never been that far west, but it was lovely. I had the best 21st birthday in Sonoma touring vineyards- LOVE IT. Of course, we ate at so many fabulous restaurants, I had no way of sticking to a low fat meal- so I blew it....way blew it.

My father's best friend is the chef at Boulevard in San Francisco (a FANTASTIC place) and of course when we went there, they brought out like 8 different courses for us and a different wine for each course. That was just one of 10 meals identical. But I will say, it was some of the best food I'd ever eaten. It was fresh and perfectly prepared and all organic. I visited the cooking school in Napa and I fell in love.

Why do I love food so much? I need to snap out of this...
    Getting back to the gym is going to be ROUGH.

motivate me? please!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Ohhh... it sounds so WONDERFUL!!! We're going to San Diego in a few weeks, and I can't wait!!!!

Now. Back to reality. Set a new goal, make a plan, follow the plan, and get those 10lbs off! You are SOOOO close! You can do it!
    :flowerforyou:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    First off, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your trip here! I love living in Nor Cal!

Second, vacations are meant to be enjoyed and indulgent. So don't beat your self up. Just think of the great time you had and enjoy it.

Third, I TOTALLY love food. It borders on obsession, lol. But I love it so much that I enjoy the challange of recreating my favorite food but in a healthier version. Or finding new healthy foods that I love as much as my old comfort foods.

Fourth, I'm not sure where you live, but here the weather is great. Don't go back to the gym yet! Take a walk, ride a bike, jog, or my favorite, hike! Then come home and eat something super tasty and healthy!

Ok, that totally sounded "Cheer-Leadery". But you wanted to be motovated! Lol!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    haha, I appreciate the motivation!
    I actually just got a new pair of running shoes, and whenever I do that I can't wait to get back outside.