Frankenfood!!

Options
I posted this on another thread, but I'll say it again because I keep seeing it pop up...

"Zero calorie" food, aka Walden Farms, seems so wrong to me. How can something have no calories? I feel like if I ate a piece of wood or a handful of dirt it would have calories. How can they make it no calories (technically less than 5 calories per serving)? I just think of the most horrible things...chemical modifications....it is FAKE food posing as real food. BLAHHHH I will never try their stuff. I would rather eat a stick of butter than eat this frankenfood :)

Replies

• simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I once emailed Walden Farms to find out what exactly is in their foods that make it calorie free. They gave me some long winded story about a "proprietary blend" that thickens their sauces and dressings so it allows for a calorie free product. I took it to mean that there was no actual food in their products and this blend is just chemicals.

Their products are just horrible. I tried a salad dressing and dessert sauce. I'd rather have eaten wallpaper paste.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Of course thats their trained answer right
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that it is nothing but chemicals - and back before I knew better - I used their products. I actually liked their caesar dressing as well as their chocolate sauce... ick
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This is the first I've ever heard of it, I've never seen it for sale around here.
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    my friend buys their dressing...just by smelling it I was turned off...
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I LOVE that you would eat a stick of butter! The real stuff? I'm right there with ya sistah ;)
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Their products are just horrible. I tried a salad dressing and dessert sauce. I'd rather have eaten wallpaper paste.

hahaha I wonder if wallpaper paste has calories in it? hehe
  • Wholehearted
    Options
    LMAO, i googled it, i guess it does have calories, and quite alot of them.... but its lowfat :)

Wallpaper or Paper Maché Paste - 278132 - Recipezaar
    1 post - Last post: Jan 11, 2008
    Try Recipe Wallpaper or Paper Maché Paste - 278132 from Recipezaar.com. ... Premium Members can have more than one cookbook in this list. ... Calories 534. Calories from Fat 8, (1%). Amount Per Serving, %DV ...
  • simona1972
    Options
    LMAO, i googled it, i guess it does have calories, and quite alot of them.... but its lowfat :)

Wallpaper or Paper Maché Paste - 278132 - Recipezaar
    1 post - Last post: Jan 11, 2008
    Try Recipe Wallpaper or Paper Maché Paste - 278132 from Recipezaar.com. ... Premium Members can have more than one cookbook in this list. ... Calories 534. Calories from Fat 8, (1%). Amount Per Serving, %DV ...

That is JUST HILARIOUS! Who wouldve thought it was so high in calories!!!
  • simona1972
    Options
    Of course thats their trained answer right

True. Wouldnt it be great if just once they'd tell you the truth. I'd love the email to have read: "Our products are really just crap and chemicals masked to look like food. We pry on the desperate who really want to believe this junk is zero calories but we all know that's not true. If I were you I'd stay clear from our products unless you want to eat heaps of chemicals that we don't really know what the long term effects on humans will be."
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    simona...I like the way you think :) I just laughed out loud thinking of what would happen if Walden Farms really did that...and then I ate some wallpaper paste.
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    I LOVE that you would eat a stick of butter! The real stuff? I'm right there with ya sistah ;)

Bahahahah! These 2 posts cracked me up!.....Ya know what Paula Dean says!.......:happy: