Love some friends for support along the way

Options
Hi. I'm Angela, 43, living in North Carolina, US. I have been a member of this site for a while but haven't been very serious about this until now. While I can't stop the aging process I can stop this weight gaining thing I've got going on!! I would love to lose 100 lbs before my son's graduation next year. We will see. I am sure that isn't a reasonable goal but it will inspire me to work harder. Would love some friends. Would even consider email/text buddies as well (for extra motivation). Good luck to everyone and feel free to add or email me.

Replies

• Linda_Kaye
    Options
    Hi! You've come to the right place for support.
    Friend request sent. :smile:
  • mcraedublin
    mcraedublin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ditto Angela!!! My story is almost the same. Been a member for 11 months. Just got serious 2 weeks ago today. Had a health scare about a month ago. Lets just say it opened up my eyes. I am 40 years old and have 2 sons. Looking for encouragement and motivation too. Friend request sent!!
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) loooking to lose about 80lbs.... need all the support I can get!
  • 08AmandaC
    08AmandaC Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela
    Feel free to add me.
    Amanda x
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi. I too was on here about a year ago, hit a plateau and then quit. I'm back now and more motivated and serious and can happily say that I am now below 200....I've not seen that in at least 10 years! There is great support here. Welcome and goof luck!
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    hi, have sent a request
  • bonnielovinglife
    Options
    Just sent you a request for a connection. :)
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love supporting MFP friends. Just sent a request. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • shell020303
    Options
    hi add me if you want.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    100 pounds in 1 year is very do-able
    You have to really want it. ( I did it in 8 months, my goal was 7 months)
    When I felt like giving in I just told myself stay on target 7 months is nothing!
    By the way I am 60 years old and never felt better in my life!
  • Taimarra
    Options
    Hi Angela! You're definitely in the right place. Feel free to send me a request! I love new friends :laugh:
  • deedoll76
    deedoll76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends to help along the way as well. I've been a member for a long time, but never really used it. Time to get serious. I want to lose close to 100 pounds. And wow, is that scary. But I can't do it alone, as I'm finding out. Please add me, I'd love to give and get some support!
  • Sall_why
    Options
    I'm in similar place to you with knowing I can change my weight even though I can't change some other things, yet if feels impossible right now!! Be great to have a friend request from you and others :-)
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 49 and am working to lose a total of 65-70 pounds. I started August 20 and joined MFP 7 weeks ago tomorrow. I have found it very helpful. Hope you will too! Feel free to add me, if you like:)
  • princessanna2662
    Options
    I really started this journey about 2 1/2 month ago when I stopped making excuses, and finally got myself into the gym....then I started really watching wahat I was eating, and now about 2 weeks ago signed up for MFP - I log daily, and am very committed to this journey! Have lost 15lbs, and have about 70 more to lose to get to my recommended weight. Always looking to have supporting buddies on here, and I LOVE competition it helps to motivste me to push myself further than I thought I could. If anyone is interested please add me!
  • 21June
    21June Posts: 99
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the UK and friend request sent! :smile:
  • matbo
    matbo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just added you :)
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have about 120lbs to lose. Had a miserable few years and am now ready to get a grip and get fit, healthy and gorgeous!
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jackie. I have been eating well and exercising for 7 months. I have gotten pretty good at this. If you have any questions, need tips, or just need someone to listen, feel free to add me.
  • michaelcox39
    michaelcox39 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been on here for about 3 months. A great way to keep up with what you eat and exercise. I have lost 43 lbs. with 37 more to go. Well maybe 38 just so I can say I am under 200. Welcome aboard and good luck. One day at a time one meal at a time.