need help

Options
Hi everyone,
My name is jenn and im new here. I am trying to follow a 1200 calorie diet but its not working well. I keep going over in my protein for the day. I noticed that the only real protein im eating is at dinner and its usually 3 ounces of some meat but im always over cause its adding stuff like 4g protein for an english muffin. I dont know if you guys can see what food I enter but if you can could you possibly give me some advice? also im starving haha
plus does it matter when you eat? say i eat at 7.30am but not again till 3pm and dinner at 8.30pm? does it matter as long as im under my 1200 calories for the day?
Thank you

Replies

• youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i went to look at your food log but it is not able to be seen you have it set on private...but dont worry so much of going over on the protein..maybe try to drink water before your meal..and see if that helps ya feel fool..I read a thread on here one time that said that our mind gets confused on if it is hungry or lacking water...I have began drinking alot more water and I can not hardly even eat 1200 calories anymore..I am having a very hard time getting to 1200 on most days...Hope this helps!!
  • jenny1ca
    Options
    I would change the setting to let you view it but I dont know how. I could copy and paste ?
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    How much were you eating before? If you feel deprived you're less likely to stick with the program. As this is not a "diet" but a lifestyle change it's ok to make small changes and work towards your goal of 1,200 calories. Everybody is different. For me, my love of food is my biggest motivator to exercise so I can eat more :blushing:

If you want others to look at your food diary, you've got to go into your Settings, choose Diary Settings from the menu and at the bottom there is an area where you can make your diary public.

:drinker:
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    go to my home then down to settings then click on diary settings then scroll to the bottom and click on public or something to that it gives you diffrent options..
  • jenny1ca
    Options
    Ok I got it. and I think it changed. thank you.
    I wasnt eating much before at all. Which is strange. I use to eat once a day. Usually at night after work and it would be mcdonalds more often then not. But I am now eating breakfast and by 11am I am hungry. This didnt happen before when I didn't eat.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    You're not over that much - I wouldn't be too concerned about it... you look like you are doing well over all. IMO :flowerforyou:
  • arfletcher
    Options
    Try not to let yourself go more than about four hours before eating again - try a high protien snack part between breakfast and lunch and again between lunch and dinner. I also used to be a "once a day" eater - just for the time saving of it all. Now I am eating five times a day and if I make sure that I have a bit of protien (an egg or 8 almonds) I stay full for longer.

When you wernt eating on a regular basis your body was probably keeping itself in starvation mode - It wouldnt tell you that you were hungry because it didnt know if there was food coming or not! Now that you have food coming into your body on a more regular basis, and getting it used to the fact that it is going to be fed and its not starving, your body is going to start demanding what it wasnt getting before (regular meals). Also 8 glasses of water a day - EVERY DAY - get used to knowing where all of the public washrooms are :) also alot of people dont recognize that if you drink say 8oz of coffee you have to drink an additional 16oz, on top of your 8 glasses, to make up for the caffine!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Try this, it's what my food program tells us to do and I've lost 49 lbs since October. Eat something within 1 hour of waking up, this gets your metabolism burning fat. Your body has been in starvation mode all night. Eat every 2 to 3 hours all day long until 1 hour before going to sleep. Stay away from anything that is enriched flour, white sugar, high fructose corn syrup. Become a label detective and read the labels, you'll be very surprised. If you want, take a look at my food diary. I eat all day long....drink lots of water and exercise everyday. If you have any questions, send me an email!! Christine
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm no expert but it seems to me that you eat some very calorie dense items and then you don't have calories left for in between. For most people it seems to work better to eat 4-6 times a day, and add more things that have a lot of bulk but not many calories, like vegetables and fruit. But if you're used to eating only once a day you just might have to give yourself time to change.
  • jenny1ca
    Options
    thanks everyone