Arugula

Options
Teachinjen
Teachinjen Posts: 88 Member
One thing I have noticed on this lifestyle change, is that I am open to trying new foods, that I normally have stayed away from.......My new one today.....Arugula...When I went to go buy my spinach, I noticed they had a spinach/arugula blend......I am glad I tried it, I had it in an egg white omelette this morning and it was delicious. What foods have you tried that you were not wanting to eat before? Just a wondering? Also, does anyone have any good recipes with arugula?

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    In the last week I tried Greek yogurt : the Key Lime is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

Turkey Bacon: Not exactly like bacon but satisfying enough that I can now have breakfast for dinner again without feeling guilty!

Acorn Squash: I always thought squash was yucky but I went back to buy a second one the same week. Delicious when baked and mixed with garlic!

I love trying new things!
  • Teachinjen
    Options
    In the last week I tried Greek yogurt : the Key Lime is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

Turkey Bacon: Not exactly like bacon but satisfying enough that I can now have breakfast for dinner again without feeling guilty!

Acorn Squash: I always thought squash was yucky but I went back to buy a second one the same week. Delicious when baked and mixed with garlic!

I love trying new things!

Have you tried Spaghetti Squash.....Another one of my favorites! I have also tried and loved quinoa, and couscous!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Arugula with fresh-grated parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar, also a little oil if your calorie budget allows for it. Mmmmmmmm, heaven on a fork.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Veal milanese

Take your veal cutlets and dredge in flour then egg wash then breadcrumbs

Cook with some oil in a medium hot pan till golden brown and cooked through

top with arugula, tomatoes and parm
  • MizzMaldy
    MizzMaldy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Arugula is great when you put it on a grilled chicken breast sandwhich! :smile:
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It's a VegEtAble! That's one of my all time favorite movie quotes.
  • Teachinjen
    Options
    Arugula is great when you put it on a grilled chicken breast sandwhich! :smile:

That sounds amazing, will have to try that!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I make a salad with arugula, watermelon and host cheese with a homemade lemon vinegerette on top...its so delicious!!!!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    On a whole wheat baguette with brie.

Steak tagliata (steak with arugula/rocket and parmezan):

For 1 person: Leave a beef fillet steak out of the fridge for at least 30min (needs to be room temperature). Season with salt and pepper. Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a skillet. Cook the steak on a medium-high heat, three minutes either side. Put the steak on a plate and cover with aluminium foil. Leave to stand for five minutes.
    Pour the oil out of the skillet and heat another tbsp of olive oil in the same skillet. Add some fresh rosemary, a crushed clove of garlic, some grated lemon peel and a bit of lemon juice. Pour this dressing through a wire mesh strainer to get all the bits out.
    Cut the meat in slices of 1/2 cm and add half of the dressing to the meat. Mix the rest of the dressing through a handful of arugula.
    Put the arugula on a plate and put the meat on top. Then shave some parmesan over it.
    Also nice with rosemary potatoes.

In a pasta salad with gorgonzola, cucumber, oregano and olive oil:

For 4 people: Cook 500gr penne pasta and drain, while saving the water. When it's still warm, add 3 tbsp olive oil, one tbsp of water and two tbsp of the gorgonzola and stir untill gorgonzola has mostly melted. If you want it creamier, just add some more of the boiled water. Season with oregano and some black pepper and let it cool off. Then add 180gr gorgonzola (crumbled), a sliced cucumber and 75gr of arugula.
  • var77
    var77 Posts: 1
    Options
    Can you tell me how you make your lemon vinegarette dressing?