Making no progress anymore

So I think I need to live in isolation for the next 6 weeks to finally get to my goal. I was super strict and lost 15-20 lbs in like 3 months. Now for the past two months its just been up and down the same 2 pounds. I'm making no progress because I have been allowing myself to ease up and eat big meals on the weekends. I'm sick of not making progress but it is so hard to stick to my calorie goal and go out with friends on weekends.

Replies

• tracyhall63
    tracyhall63 Posts: 84 Member
    jc you need to change it up a bit maybe. When you are in the moment, out with friends and having fun, it is hard to choose what you want most over what you want right now. Remind yourself of why you began this journey and what your goals are, Prepare a diologue to answer the voice in your head that says it is okay to indulge ahead of time and be ready for that pesky little voice telling you it's okay when it really isn't.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    up your training and stop letting yourself go the entire weekend... still allow yourself things you enjoy but after you have those things you next meal/s should be right back on track.
  • Peaches516
    Peaches516 Posts: 104 Member
    Don't beat yourself up over it! You've already made so much progress! Try to stay conscious of your goal when you go out over the weekend. I know what you mean - it's hard! I switched to ordering light beers or just diet coke when I go out. Or I'll order a seafood dish (mussels, shrimp, etc.) that tend to have less calories. A bonus is that cutting back on the alcohol is also way better for your wallet!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    How tall are you and what's your approximate body fat percentage?

Your goal weight is pretty low unless you're really, really short. It might not be realistic for you at this point, even if you've been that weight before.

I used to weigh about 110 pounds in my early 20s. My lean body mass alone is currently 105-107 pounds, so there's no physical way I could be that light again.... I'd only have 3-5 pounds of body fat, which means... I'd be dead. :indifferent:

Also, as you close in on your goal, it's important to track your progress through clothes, measurements and photos, not the scale. I weigh about 7-8 pounds more than I did last year at this time, but the jeans I wore then are falling off me. The skirt to the Halloween costume I wore sits way too low on my hips this year. I'm smaller, even though I weigh more.

Sometimes, if you're not seeing progress, it's because you're not looking for it in the right way.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    So I think I need to live in isolation for the next 6 weeks to finally get to my goal. I was super strict and lost 15-20 lbs in like 3 months. Now for the past two months its just been up and down the same 2 pounds. I'm making no progress because I have been allowing myself to ease up and eat big meals on the weekends. I'm sick of not making progress but it is so hard to stick to my calorie goal and go out with friends on weekends.

The closer you get to goal the smaller your calorie deficit should be. Up your cals to lose 0.5lb per week and try a new exercise routine to mix it up a bit. Patience s key when it comes to the last few vanity pounds!!!
  • indigoj9
    indigoj9 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm with you, don't give it up. I know what I have done to myself is all in the choices I make and I just need to make some different choices. I'm going to the AA approach; one day at a time, and if I can't commit to one day, I can commit to one hour at a time. For this next hour I can make a better choice. Keep going, you can do it!!!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    You don't state your height, but unless you're more on the shorter side, it looks like you're weight might be exactly where it needs to be and therefore your body wants to hold onto it. I'd say don't focus so much on the scale. I've been in my target weight zone for a few months (125-128 pounds) but I continue to lose body fat % and inches. When you get very close to your goal, the scale doesn't tell the whole story.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    Living in total isolation is clearly not a long term, sustainable life path... Up your exercise. Make sensible choices. Enjoy your life.

And as Lorina mentions, think carefully about your goals.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member

Your goal weight is pretty low unless you're really, really short. It might not be realistic for you at this point, even if you've been that weight before.

I used to weigh about 110 pounds in my early 20s. My lean body mass alone is currently 105-107 pounds, so there's no physical way I could be that light again.... I'd only have 3-5 pounds of body fat, which means... I'd be dead. :indifferent:

Also, as you close in on your goal, it's important to track your progress through clothes, measurements and photos, not the scale. I weigh about 7-8 pounds more than I did last year at this time, but the jeans I wore then are falling off me. The skirt to the Halloween costume I wore sits way too low on my hips this year. I'm smaller, even though I weigh more.

Sometimes, if you're not seeing progress, it's because you're not looking for it in the right way.

So true, great advise!
  • pegsum
    pegsum Posts: 15 Member

YES, This!

Also, is your plan to be super strict to ge the scale to move and then live that way forever? You lost the first bit pretty quickly. What is the hurry? There is no End point for your health and fitness. Move into a lifestyle that's sustainable forever.