41 Pounds - I can go to the movies (comfortably) again!

This is for all the pear-shaped women. :flowerforyou:

41 pounds lost, and I can finally put the armrests down at the movie theatre! A few months ago, the armrests rested on top of my thighs, and the edges of the seat cut into the middle of my thighs. It was so uncomfortable, and I hated taking up 2-3 seats. Last night, I was able to put the armrests down and put my drink in the cup holder instead of setting it on the floor (where I had to huff and puff to reach it).

I can also wear my favorite dress boots again (I couldn't even get them halfway up my feet a few months ago). I felt like a normal woman, enjoying a date with her boyfriend, going to the movies in a nice outfit instead of baggy clothes and flip-flops.

I was so excited when we got home last night that I took some pictures. I'm also able to wear my favorite top again. You can see a close-up of it in my profile picture.

vosvoz.jpg

2lkfvoi.jpg

I've lost five inches off each thigh, so I can finally stand with my legs together instead of waddling around. :drinker:

w7ee7a.jpg

My blog, with more photos and measurements: http://drawn-to-scale.blogspot.com/

Replies

• msdani12
    msdani12 Posts: 132 Member
    Nice work! Keep it up!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    I bet you wanted to jump for joy! Good going girl!! You're doing great!
  • Awesome!!!! That is so great!! :happy:
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Way to go girl!
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Fantastic!! Keep up the great work.
  • lorrainzander
    lorrainzander Posts: 47 Member
    Great! Keep up all of your hard work!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    I bet you wanted to jump for joy! Good going girl!! You're doing great!
    I did, a little bit. I was mostly dancing around my boyfriend singing, "I'm as tall as yoooouuuuuuu now..." ;)
  • yorkieII
    yorkieII Posts: 93 Member
    great work!
  • viccigb
    viccigb Posts: 93 Member
    You go gir!!
  • mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Oh that's fantastic . Congrats.
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Congrats!!! I'm going to check out your blog :D
  • Doulos24x7
    Doulos24x7 Posts: 37 Member
    That is a huge difference. Well done. Keep at it!
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    That's so awesome! Congrats to you! :drinker:
  • Well done, be proud!
  • lavaflow99
    lavaflow99 Posts: 61 Member
    Keep up the great work!!
  • Thanks for sharing your story. It is stories like this that help keep me going as well. I was able to eat out at a restaurant after church today and not have to worry about asking for a table because I can now sit comfortably in a booth. Keep up the good work!
    :smile:
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    You really ought to be VERY proud of yourself! Way to go.. weight loss is a personal journey and you are doing excellent! What movie did you see? I hope it was a good one!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Fantastic!
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Thank you for sharing and way to go!! I know what it's like not to fit. I used to always steer clear of the booths at restaurants because one time I couldn't squeeze all of me in...embarrassing to say the least . Keep up the great work!!!
  • AMAZING NSV! Great job, keep it up :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    great job!!!

Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • Good job! :)
  • Way to go! So nice to to start feeling comfortable again!
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    I know exactly what you mean. I am back up in weight from the same time last year and we just went to the movies last weekend, the seat didn't fit as well as last time we went. Got to keep working and reduce reduce reduce our size. Going to check out your blog now :)
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Oh my gosh! I can totally relate to this...I used to have to lift one arm rest and sort of "spill over" to the next seat. Congrats on this NSV...I know firsthand it feels great!
  • EnchantedEvening
    Thanks for sharing your story. It is stories like this that help keep me going as well. I was able to eat out at a restaurant after church today and not have to worry about asking for a table because I can now sit comfortably in a booth. Keep up the good work!
    :smile:
    I ask for a booth all the time now because it's awesome not having to squeeze myself in and out of it. I used to get so embarrassed!
  • EnchantedEvening
    You really ought to be VERY proud of yourself! Way to go.. weight loss is a personal journey and you are doing excellent! What movie did you see? I hope it was a good one!

"Sinister". It was a little slow, but good and scary. I loved the sound effects during the suspenseful scenes. I spent most of the movie with my head tucked into my boyfriend's arm. ;)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    I can not believe that is only 41 pounds! you look so different! great job!
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    That's awesome, you look incredible!! Great job!
  • That's wonderful. So happy for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!