Help!

Options
hi my name is ashley and I'm to young to be over weight. I have a weak support group and a hard time deciding what i should eat and what i shouldn't. I go to school and I never have time to pack a lunch. any ideas?

Replies

• farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You have to make the time. You need to figure out an eating plan that works for you and then stick to it. You have to put yourself first. If you don't take care of you then you can not take care of others. Period. I have had to learn this lesson and it is a hard on to learn. If you want support, you will find it here!! Add me if you like! I love to cheer people on and I have learned a lot myself and don't mind sharing. Good luck!!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It's easier if you can pack the lunch at night, leave it in the refrigerator, and then just take it in the morning.
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 33, so around the same age as you. I know it can be hard to make healthy choices when your friends and family aren't that supportive. There is little things you can do, such as when cooking, adding 1 new vegetable, or a vegetable to whatever dish you're making. Even if you puree it, or chop it up really small, it helps. The more you "sneak" things in and others don't notice it, the more you can do, and you can even try to chop the pieces slightly bigger. I've been dating my bf since mid-february, and he didn't like vegetables. I've been slowly incorporating them into our meals, and now, he gets mad if I don't have vegetables at a meal, because he now wants them.
  • lucy2fat
    Options
    I work nites and 12hr shifts There are lots of things you can take to work or school that you can just throw in a bag Fruit,veggies string cheese turkey but you do need to make the effert Take time to shop for good wholesome foods whole breads fruits veggies and cheese is a good source of protein and calcium peanut butter on whole grain bread If you need a friend Im here
  • Jerodhold
    Options
    If you don't have time to pack a lunch, try to pick out the healthier food your school has, like veggies, fruits, salads, grilled chicken if they got it. Try to stay away for foods like pizza, cheese burgers, hot dogs, candy, sweets, try to limit sugar. If you drink soda/pop I would stop, all that is, is sugar, my mom lost 5lbs in a few weeks just by not drinking soda anymore, drink water instead. I've never had a problem being overweight, but I've read numerous things about nutrition.

Here's a list of some food that I was eating while cutting some body fat:
    Grilled/Baked Chicken Breast
    Lean Turkey
    Tuna
    Eggs
    Whole Wheat bread
    Brown rice
    Bananas
    Apples
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Almonds
    Peanuts
    Cashews

So if your school has any of those foods, I'd go for those.
    Hope this helps you a little.
  • krystalperez7
    Options
    Hi i also work long hours its hard to eat healthy
  • Sweetybug
    Options
    thank you
  • Sweetybug
    Options
    Any body else have suggestions
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to become a cheerleader at age 31? How old are you really?