I'm new to MyFitnessPal...looking for some support :)

Options
Hi everyone :)

I have just signed up for the 12WBT Challenge (Michelle Bridges) and am really anxious about what's ahead...

I have tried to lose weight many times over the years and its not the losing bit that worries me but the fact that I have NEVER been able to maintain my weight loss for more than a few weeks (shocking I know!)

It feels like when I am on a good path this self-destructive version of myself kicks-in and takes over and drags me back down again :( I have had enough and want to be happy and healthy once and for all because I keep putting everything off and am not living my life...

Anyways I wish everyone the BEST and hope to kick my demons in the *kitten* for good :tongue:

Mish x

Replies

• Deebx
    Deebx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Mish,

I just started back on MFP and what I am doing differently this time is reaching out for support just like you. This journey doesn't have to be lonely. I am also trying to be active at least 30 minutes 3 times a week.

What is helping me is checking out the success stories on the site. So inspiring!

Dee
  • michelle12wbt
    Options
    Thanks Dee! I always try to do it on my own so I am going to try something new and ask for help :)

Best of luck and thanks again for the support!!! :smile:
  • ChristinaHPorter
    ChristinaHPorter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it just have to really want it...i did same stuff...i was diagnosed with Hashimoto's hyprothyriodism Disease about 5yrs ago and i put 100 lbs on in six months..Dr keep telling me i would have to have gastro surgery to get the weight off me..I would loose and it would come back on me within a couple weeks...so i would keep giving up...when my friends heard i was concidering the surgery they jumped in and encouraged me i could do it and they where right..in a year i have lost 45lbs..i started the myfitness pal and the gym...i feel so much better..ive also been able to come off my cholesterol medicine...my goal weight is 150 so ive lost half my goal in a year and not giving up till rest is off....with my diease i will have to struggle to keep the weight off but i enjoy the gym now i feel bad when i have to miss..so if i can do it with my health conditions YOU can do it just set your MIND to it..Goodluck I know you dont know me but you have my support anyway i can help you...:drinker: :drinker: :happy: :happy:
  • michelle12wbt
    Options
    Wow you are so INSPIRATIONAL and are truly amazing for all you have achieved!!! Well done, you must be so proud :)

I have Insulin Resistance and take diabex 3 times a day and am really scared of getting diabetes because of my out-of-control sugar binges...

You are 100% right about having to really want it...I wish there was a magic potion for self-belief because I could do with some right now!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS...they mean a lot to me!

All the best on your journey...keep up your positive mindset and strong determination :)

Mish x
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    You can vastly improve insulin resistance and cholesterol by getting in a healthy weight range. Seeing what you eat on the log every day is really helpful. You have every calorie staring back at you and you can adjust the empty calories and high sodium ones to fit your goal. Good luck! You can absolutely do this if you refuse to quit.