Am I the only one...

Options
Who doesn't crave anything sweet? Lmfao, I honestly feel like the only person who doesn't crave cheescake or chocolate when I'm dieting, or in general. I actually only crave "normal" food like a pretzel from the mall or some buttered popcorn. :love: I guess I've never really had a sweet tooth! Is anyone else like this?

*Edit: By normal, I meant foods that a lot of people eat every day. I'm sorry for not clarifying, these are just two things that I crave a lot.

Replies

• CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I very very rarely crave sweets, for me it's the salty snacks I prefer :love:
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I crave salty foods more than sweets, but sometimes I crave sweets too. My tastes have changed lately. I try to plan a little "treat" in my week without going over board. Sometimes only a bite or two of what I'm craving is all I need, but I learned early on that if I refuse myself anything, I want it even more.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Pretzels are "normal" food? News to me. Sounds like your cravings are more salt-related than sugar.
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    who wants to have fun tonight?
  • karmaology
    Options
    Pretzels are "normal" food? News to me. Sounds like your cravings are more salt-related than sugar.

Like a big soft pretzel that you'd get at the mall or movies. c:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I very very rarely crave sweets, for me it's the salty snacks I prefer :love:

I don't crave sweets either, but I never did. Not even when I was a child. I don't like/eat cookies or candies, and I am not a chocolate lover. Small amounts of desert (I always share), or a small piece of chocolate once in awhile will satisfy me for a long time.

I also favor more savory and salty foods but I noticed that the older I get, the more bland my tastes buds are.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't crave anything sweet? Lmfao, I honestly feel like the only person who doesn't crave cheescake or chocolate when I'm dieting, or in general. I actually only crave "normal" food like a pretzel from the mall or some buttered popcorn. :love: I guess I've never really had a sweet tooth! Is anyone else like this?

How is a pretzel or popcorn more normal than cheesecake or chocolate?! You crave salty not sweet - people crave different things... I've never thought of people who eat sweets as abnormal before... :huh:
  • karmaology
    Options

How is a pretzel or popcorn more normal than cheesecake or chocolate?! You crave salty not sweet - people crave different things... I've never thought of people who eat sweets as abnormal before... :huh:

I'm not saying any of these are abnormal! I just see more people crave sweets instead of salty. I'm sorry if I came across as rude.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I'm not saying any of these are abnormal! I just see more people crave sweets instead of salty. I'm sorry if I came across as rude.

I didn't find it rude- just funny way of saying it. :tongue: I get what you're saying though... Although there are times I would almost kill for chocolate I really love chips - they are one of my biggest weaknesses. And movie popcorn is the best.
  • strawbblondie
    strawbblondie Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I love both!! Sometimes it's very hard to resist...this weekend it was a piece of red raspberry pie...last week it was a soft pretzel from the mall. Oh well, just gotta keep soldiering on...:happy:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I tend to like nuts or cheese instead of sweet stuff so I think I can see where you are coming from. I only eat dark choccie anyway and it isn't that sweet, in fact it is bitter like cocoa...(80 - 90% cocoa solids dark chocolate)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    SWEETS! When I was fatter, I'd buy a box of donoughts...."for the family..." I'd chow down 5/6 of them by myself on a day. Those fundraising kids with the choclate bars...mmmm
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Now that I've been low carb for a couple months, I crave sweets less, and other things more. I really get salty cravings, and occasionally I'll crave a big, juicy steak.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are the only one.

I'm likely to crave anything and everything, including sweets.
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    SWEETS! When I was fatter, I'd buy a box of donoughts...."for the family..." I'd chow down 5/6 of them by myself on a day. Those fundraising kids with the choclate bars...mmmm

Wait... do you eat the chocolate or the kids?
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I used to only crave salty foods and rarely ate sweets. I'm afraid my tastes have changed. I now crave sweets often.