How about a Biblical Diet?

I was reading the thread about caveman not having a long life span(So why eat like one?) and it got me to thinking about biblical foods which include gains and legumes.People in the bible lived for hundreds of years if nothing unfortunate happened to them.

Replies

• rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Mathusalen's Diet. Great jaja
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Mathusalen's Diet. Great jaja

If you go by the Bible he lived for over nine hundred years. I think that it is the way that grains are processed nowadays that make them undigestable for many people.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    People during biblical times did not live hundreds of years.

But if you really believe they did, why not try their diet? It's simple enough to grow your own food and/or buy unprocessed whole foods.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member

But if you really believe they did, why not try their diet? It's simple enough to grow your own food and/or buy unprocessed whole foods.

Really??? Do you read the bible? Or just don't believe in it? It was very common to live a few hundred years back then. Our life time has decreased a lot since then.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member

Really??? Do you read the bible? Or just don't believe in it? It was very common to live a few hundred years back then. Our life time has decreased a lot since then.
    Rofl. She's saying that actual people (not characters in the book) in that time did not live that long. Learn to read & understand.
  • Strong_as_Oak
    Strong_as_Oak Posts: 584 Member
    A diet of Fish and Bread, and water turned to wine..... Nice diet
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Wrong Biblical era, actually. Super-long lifespans are Old Testament. There's also a bit in there about how God doesn't allow that kind of lifespan anymore.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Wrong Biblical era, actually. Super-long lifespans are Old Testament. There's also a bit in there about how God doesn't allow that kind of lifespan anymore.

Curious, where do it mention that?
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    No, they did not live for hundreds of years. Do you also think this planet is only a couple thousand years old?
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    I pray Jesus will really come back one day, like the christians believe, and pry the cookies out of my hands.
  • Skinny_Beans
    I pray Jesus will really come back one day, like the christians believe, and pry the cookies out of my hands.

XD
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member

Rofl. She's saying that actual people (not characters in the book) in that time did not live that long. Learn to read & understand.

I believe they are real people so excuse me for not believing your way :)
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member

Think you both missed the huge dose of sarcasm the original post was delivered with.

ETA: Well, sarcasm or unerring faith. Not sure which way we're going here ;)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Been done. The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin.
  • Curious, where do it mention that?
    [/quote]
    I don't know what translation this is but:
    http://nlt.scripturetext.com/psalms/90.htm
  • Skinny_Beans

Think you both missed the huge dose of sarcasm the original post was delivered with.

I didn't think it was sarcasm, but I hope it is now you mention it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

Right! It depends on if you are talking about the Old Testament or the New Testament. In Leviticus, there's buttloads of dietary restrictions, most of which persist in Islam and Judaism. However, in the New Testament, God said not to call ANYTHING that He made "unclean." And it also says that what you put in your mouth doesn't defile you, but rather what comes out of your mouth can defile you as a person.
  • This thread is hilarious! Thank you all for the laughs this morning!
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    hmm....

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Biblical_longevity

Possible explanations:

Records on the naturalistic explanations for the difference in life expectancy was eaten by the goats, and the Bible is patched subsequently to accommodate that.

Possibly (just possibly), the Bible is not a scientifically accurate source concerning human longevity.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Biblical diet...
    How it works..

1st - You curse on everything you eat

2nd - You pray you won't gain weight

lol....It's a joke!!!! don't go crazy ninja on my *kitten*.

Take care all :)
This discussion has been closed.