Daily food calorie question?!

Options
How accurate do you think the daily calorie intake is? Mine is 1350/daily & I'm 5'9 and weigh 228 pounds

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    if you are shooting for a 2 pounds loss each week, that sounds spot on. However, you may need to eat a little bit more on days you exercise. I recommend getting some sort of tracker like a fitbit or body bug to monitor how active you are. Then MFP will give you more calories if you burn more.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    its all averages, i guesstimate i need somewhere between 2000-2400 to maintain, so if i want to loose weight i will cut it to 1400-2000 calories depending on how much i exercise.
  • angieleemohler
    Options
    If you really want to lose weight, stay at the lowest calorie count that you can....Yes, you will feel deprived and hungry, but thats the sacrafice you have to accept. No pain, No gain!!!!!I love it when I feel empty, then I know that I am living on my stored fat!!!! Hang tough and pray. hour to hour....meal to meal.....day to day....week to week....month to month- you can do it!!!! Never eat your calories back, after exercising, thats slowing your loss...so :smile: when you get to your goal, theres more time to enjoy the new you!!!
  • dearash
    Options
    Thanks & I plan 2 lose 2 pounds per week & I burn 300-600 calories a day.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    If you really want to lose weight, stay at the lowest calorie count that you can....Yes, you will feel deprived and hungry, but thats the sacrafice you have to accept. No pain, No gain!!!!!I love it when I feel empty, then I know that I am living on my stored fat!!!! Hang tough and pray. hour to hour....meal to meal.....day to day....week to week....month to month- you can do it!!!! Never eat your calories back, after exercising, thats slowing your loss...so :smile: when you get to your goal, theres more time to enjoy the new you!!!

This is BS, just so you know.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Horrible advice I have been losing weight regularly since I started on MFP , I have been following their guidelines and I do not feel hungry. You do not have to starve, you can eat your exercise calories back.

You can do this good luck
  • baby_65
    baby_65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of you. You should not have to stare to lose weight, that will only set you up to fail. I would like to lose 1.5 pound a week and so far so good. I am very full and I not eating all the caleries each day either. With exercising it gives me extra point and I can eat all the amount. I have tried many diets but only failed and gave up cause I was hungry or not losing at all. Its also important to spread you eating over 5 small meals so stick to breakfast, snack, lunch, snack then supper. It tricks you body and mind to think it is full all the time. Eat something every 3-4 hours depending on your schedule. So far so good for me and you dont feel hungry. Good luck to all