Breaking through.

Options
I was stuck on the 6 pounds to go mark. I was getting frustrated because I was eating 1200 cals a day and exercising 4 days a week. I finally decided to increase my cals by 150 per day and lost 1.2 pounds this week. It sounds crazy to eat more to lose weight but it worked.

Replies

• lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Car can't go fast, without no gas...:)
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That's been the story of my whole weight loss program. I think I'm about ready to up the calories for the 3rd time.
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Wow that's interesting... are you changing your own calorie goals then?? I had mine set (by the site) @ 1200/day. I have a desk job so I don't burn much daily, but I have started working out (about 20-30 mins most days) over the past two weeks on a regular basis with every intention to make this a part of my new lifestyle. Anywho, I actually upped my calories to around 1300 now but I still some days feel like I'm starving myself and if I go over I make sure to try my hardest to exercise any extra cals just to make it under my max cals for the day. I def. know starving your body is the worst thing you can do, but I am trying SO hard to go about this the best way I can for me... I think it does vary by each individual but I guess I'm just kinda confused as to what will work best for me... I weighed in last night and scale said I've lost 1.2lbs (mind you this was around 9pm after all my meals of the day)... it's not much change from my normal weight but it's something... I weighed in this morning and it showed that I was 4lbs less than my start weight of 146 (haha I will GLADLY take the 142 over the 1.2 lb loss it showed last night!!). Anyway, suggestions are more than welcome!!! Keep up the good work mfp pals!! :-)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    DG82,

Are you eating back your exercise calories? Or most of them, anyway? Basically, I"m asking if your NET calories are at 1,300 or are you eating that and THEN exercising (but not eating those calories)?
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I changed my weight loss goal from 1 pound a week to 1/2 a pound a week. It told me to eat 1450 a day. I'm only eating about 1350 of it though. Whether I exercise or not I'm trying to keep the cals consistent. I am close though. I only want to lose 5 more pounds so if it takes a couple of months that's ok too. I just thought that after my weight fluctuation between this one pound for 10 days, it was interesting that increasing my cals brought about a change.
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    DG82,

Are you eating back your exercise calories? Or most of them, anyway? Basically, I"m asking if your NET calories are at 1,300 or are you eating that and THEN exercising (but not eating those calories)?

I'm eating mostly all of my exercise cals. I NEED to eat every few hours or I'm starving and want to almost scarf everything down in sight!!! I don't eat horrible for the most part but I am a person that has to snack!! I know if I don't feed my body when I'm hungry that's bad too and will just store my "hunger" as fat... per se... If I see I'm over my cals for the day I am trying really hard to work them off to compensate and come in just barely under my net cals for the day.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    EAT TO LOSE
    EAT TO LOSE
    EAT TO LOSE
    EAT TO LOSE

Read the sticky posts. Eat your exercise cals. Read read, educate.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    If you are only tying to lose 10 lbs, it will be very slow going. Especially if you don't really need to lose weight, but are doing it because of a 'perception' that you need (or just want to) to. What is your BMI? Where is your weight in the Healthy Weight Range for your age and height?

My goal would be a BMI of 22. That's right in the middle of the healthy weight range. I have no delusions of being a supermodel by any means.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!