The older I get..the harder it gets. New here.

Options
Hi, I'm 54 and in the last year I have slowly put on about 15 pounds. It is time to make a change and it isn't as easy as it use to be. I hope you folks can be the extra inspiration and motivation I need. Thanks

Replies

• Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    I know what you mean.. I'm 42 and I've got about 60 lbs to lose.. and it's not easy. I did it ten years ago but finding it much harder now. Feel free to add me!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    58 here with about 50 pounds of fat to get rid of.. Or at least 40. Not happy!
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It is possible.. Just start out slow. I am 56 yrs old and I have fibromyalgia and I just walked 5 miles today.. I started out walking about 20 minutes to begin with (I started walking in April) and now I can do 5 miles, but it does tire me out the next day. I usually will walk anywhere between 2 to 3 miles when I walk outside, and between 1 and 2 miles on the treadmill.. Also I have a couple of exercise dvds. I have a Leslie Sansone's "Walk at home" and Kathy Smith "Lift Weights To Lose Weight 2". And I have lost 20 lbs since February.. If you want to be friends I can do my best to encourage you :)
  • tangoterry
    tangoterry Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used this site the first time about 2 years ago and had a great group of friends that were both an inspiration and a way to feel akin to people that are o:smile: n a journey similar to your own. We each travel our own road to better health, but it is great to have friends who give encouragement and also lend some accountability. Please feel free to add me. :smile: