I am so happy to be overweight!

Options
I have now moved from the "Obese Class 2" to "Overweight" according to the BMI charts. I am actually 26.5 which means I only have to lose a little more to be within a healthy BMI range. My actual goal is about 135-140 pounds or thereabouts. I have lost about 70 pounds so far and only 26 more to go.

Being "overweight"s a lot better than being "Obese Class 2"!

Replies

• SAGR2
    SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Brilliant - well done! I just made it into overweight a week or so ago and still can't believe it, I keep checking. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    you are now thinner than 33% of the american population, congrats.
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I cannot wait until I can report that I am a "normal" BMI. I do hope to start putting on more muscle though so I may eventually have to resort to something else to figure out what fat% I am in the future.
  • kengel46
    kengel46 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep up the hard work!! Congrats!
  • titanium2012
    Options
    Excellent job! I'm about 2 pounds from the overweight category and I can't wait. You're doing great!
  • MCNWifey
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait until I reach the overweight section, I keep getting so close and then end up sabotaging myself. How do you know what class your in for obese?
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It is great to move down the BMI charts isn't it! Mine has gone from almost 28 to just under 26. So longing to be under 25. :wink:
  • peraudacia_adastra
    Options
    Good work, very well done :)
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I did a big happy dance the day I realized that my BMI was no longer obese, but was finally in the overweight category. I"m now at 27.1 and although I didn't gain or lose this week, after losing continuously for the last 2 months, I know that I'll continue to lose and get to my ultimate goal. Keep up what you're doing, because it's working well for you! Congratulations!!
  • Palio75
    Palio75 Posts: 72
    Options
    Great work everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • babycakes1970
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait until I reach the overweight section, I keep getting so close and then end up sabotaging myself. How do you know what class your in for obese?

I just searched for a BMI chart online and used the second or third one.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope I get there soon!
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress! Keep it up:)
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    :smile: nice job
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Proud of you!
  • babycakes1970
    Options
    Wow! Thanks to you all!
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    wonderfull work :happy:
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    well done! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

I recently dropped back into the healthy weight range, and I was like 'what the? How did that happen?' I thought I was still a few kilos off, and then all of a sudden I'm looking at a graph of my BMI thinking 'hang on, is that dot UNDER that line??'
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!