30 day shred question about results.

Options
Does the 30 Day Shred only get results for already thin people? Or is it no matter a persons size, they will have results?

Replies

• babigurl86
    Options
    i'm mid 30 shred and classed as obese,i started at 166 to 155.2 lost loads of inches.

it helps that being heavier i burn more cals.

not matter what size you are ,if you stick to your cals you'll get results xx
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • loliblullama
    loliblullama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm also obese. I weighed 216 when I started, I think I'm ~204 now. I'm on day 25 of 30DS and I've lost 4 inches off my stomach in that time! Wish I had measured other bits of my body but anyway, yeah... it does work for people of all sizes! :smile:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It depends what you mean by results. Weight loss, not necessarily, that would depend on your diet. Fitness, for sure, it's a great cardio workout along with strength training.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am 225 pounds and on day 8 of level one. I have already lost an inch in my waist and hips and half an inch on my arms and thighs.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! I just did the work out and it's INTENSE.
  • loliblullama
    Options

It is! I found that the first time I did it I honestly thought I was going to die lol. It gets better by day 8/9 just in time for the next level to break you. It's fun tho! Hope you liked it! :D
  • yourmymotivation
    Options
    hey guys i have a question...
    im on day 3 of the shred level 1 and my legs are so sore i cant even sit without plopping down.... you know the feeling. am i really supposed to try to do this workout again today?? is it safe? thanks in advance if anyone answers!! =]
  • loliblullama
    Options
    It is designed to be done every day, and honestly, it does get better! That said, no-one knows your body better than you do, so if it's really hurting then have a day break!

I tried doing it every day and it was too much for me, and this time I'm on Day 26 having done it 5 times a week and I found it just the right pace for me - you just have to see what works for you :smile:
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    im on day 3 of the shred level 1 and my legs are so sore i cant even sit without plopping down.... you know the feeling. am i really supposed to try to do this workout again today?? is it safe? thanks in advance if anyone answers!! =]

I just did it for the 5th time in 6 days. That one day off really helped and I noticed today that I was able to do more push ups than I could do on day 1.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options

If it's making you feel so sore, do smaller movements, shallower lunges etc. It will still build up strength and then you can do the full workout! Try doing it every other day to give your body chance to recover. And make sure you you stretch out after, maybe stretch out twice.
    Don't give up! x
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options

HAHA wait til you get to level 3...OMG she's crazy and admits it, lol! Great workout, I switch it up w/elliptical and the gym. I haven't seen that much in weight loss but the inches are falling. Keep in mind, I'm not doing it everyday and I also don't feel 25 mins burns enough calories so I've been doing level 1&2 then started levels 2&3 in one day. But I caught a bad cold and had to chill out for a few days, hoping to get back into it tomorrow.
  • Gemmax0902
    Gemmax0902 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Hi, I felt exactly the same but pushed through and the pain went by day 5 xx
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It is designed to be done every day, and honestly, it does get better! That said, no-one knows your body better than you do, so if it's really hurting then have a day break!

I tried doing it every day and it was too much for me, and this time I'm on Day 26 having done it 5 times a week and I found it just the right pace for me - you just have to see what works for you :smile:

It doesn't have to be done 30 days straight. Jillian has said herself to take rest days...apparently the people marketing the dvd were the ones who gave it the name 30 Day Shred and so people thought it had to be done that way.
  • mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

In my experience playing sports, the injuries usually occur when we are sore and tired and OVERWORK or OVERDO our workouts. I would say to take a day rest, and do some walking or something instead, or just take it easy with the workout (as much as you can) to avoid injury. Your health is most important, and if you're tired you most likely won't be doing exercises right and this puts you in a compromising situation. Hope that helps!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Take a recovery day and start back again. I am only doing it on M/W/F.
  • iluvco3
    iluvco3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I read an article about 30 DS and Jillian recommends 2 days of 30 DS, followed by 1 day of cardio, then 2 more days of 30 DS, followed by 1 day of cardio, the day of rest.

Because I go to Jazzercise 5X/week, I do 30 DS on M-W-F.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yes, you definitely do get results. I suggest you look at some before and after pictures - they are so inspiring and they were what motivated me to start.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thank you to the OP for this! I started the 30 day shred yesterday and I am so sore!(thankfully I stretched alot before and after) However it is freaking INSANE! I to will do it M-F and walk/jog Sat & Sun. Thanks again for posting!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

I've only done 1 day so far... on Saturday. Yes, it is INTENSE. I almost gave up... but, I pushed through it. I've decided I'm going to "officially" start the whole 30 days today, though. I'm going to take measurements when I get home from work today, and go from there. I've heard a lot of good about it. And, from how much I was huffing and puffing Saturday, I know it should work.