New smaller clothes. :)

Options
So I went to Walmart today to pick up some cheap clothes, because I don't want to have to spend a lot while I'm still (planning on) losing more weight.

So far, I've gone from a 48" pants to a 42" pants.
An XXXL shirt to an XL shirt.
And I'm on my 3rd new belt.

Replies

• nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    good job! you know the more you exercise, the more beer you can drink lol
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

dont know how true that is... the more i work out now the more beer makes me feel bloated... i feel like a chick after a few beers now the stomach is poking out
  • kenny_johnson
    kenny_johnson Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Ha ha.
  • chickie11
    chickie11 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome Ken!!!!
  • mugofire
    mugofire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    that is really a big deal!! awesome!!
  • danbradley1970
    danbradley1970 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    good job, i am in the same boat from a 48 moving to a 38 now, try goodwill for short term clothes dirt cheap, then you can donate them back
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Way to go! What a wonderful problem to have!
  • halfretird
    halfretird Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    awesome.. way to go...
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    I'm excited for this problem! Way to go dude!!
  • froheadedyeti
    Options
    Yeah, I'm having the same 'problem' and loving it. The biggest pain is not buying clothes that look good on me because I know I'm still losing, and it'll just look baggy on me in a month. I've gone from a 44/46 pant to a 36. From XXL shirts to LT shirts.
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats!!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    awesome feeling, isn't it?? Great job!! Someone suggested Goodwill - i'd also say any thrift store or consignment shop are good places to go. Keep up the good work
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    So I went to Walmart today to pick up some cheap clothes, because I don't want to have to spend a lot while I'm still (planning on) losing more weight.

So far, I've gone from a 48" pants to a 42" pants.
    An XXXL shirt to an XL shirt.
    And I'm on my 3rd new belt.

awesome! I wen to ross last nt to get some more workout pants (also cheap there $10) and got a MEDIUM!!! bout fainted was XL when starting MFP :drinker:
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I'm going to have to do some shopping soon myself. I started out about 10 lbs shy of your initial weight. I've dropped from size 46 pants to size 42.
  • Touchdown73
    Touchdown73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'd also suggest Men's Wearhouse. They have a very liberal return policy and have had no problem letting me exchange jeans for different sizes over the past couple of months
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    Don't feel bad about buying clothes at Walmart, that is where I buy my everyday clothes anyways..... My friend buys these name brand really expensive clothes..... lets just say.. I have 4 thousand saved in the bank and he's broke LOL A man can only wear one pair of shoes at a time and this dude has 55+ why...

but congrats on the buying of new clothes and i wish you more success in the future.
  • kenny_johnson
    kenny_johnson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about buying clothes at Walmart, that is where I buy my everyday clothes anyways..... My friend buys these name brand really expensive clothes..... lets just say.. I have 4 thousand saved in the bank and he's broke LOL A man can only wear one pair of shoes at a time and this dude has 55+ why...

but congrats on the buying of new clothes and i wish you more success in the future.

I don't really feel bad, but I do plan to buy some nicer things (as a reward) when I hit my goal. I don't usually spend much on clothes and have generally bought stuff the bigger department stores that carried my size (Jc Penney, Sears, and occasionally Walmart).

It's just this time I bought the cheapest jeans I could find ($10) and the cheapest t-shirts ($7.50).

I own 2 pairs of shoes. Dress and casual. I almost (thankfully) never have to wear the dress shoes. :)
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That is great!! Always a nice feeling to get smaller clothes!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Awesome feeling! way to go!
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I have to remind myself not to go to the big sized racks anymore! I have gotten some very nice dress pants at thrift shops.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!