650 calories remaining?! what......

Options
Ive been full all day. And im not hungry. Is this enough?

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    no reason to stuff yourself just to meet your calorie goals, if you aren't hungry then don't eat :)
  • DarkLuca
    DarkLuca Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When i have more than 400 remaining i always eat fruit, Its full of calories and low fat.
  • Wrreck
    Wrreck Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually run into that situation about once a week. If you don't feel like eating more don't force yourself to eat.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The evening is still young, and your protein is really low. There's hardly any nutrition there at all.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I have seen this topic before and people usually say to eat Almonds. I usually just leave it as I hate the texture of nuts, love the flavour though....
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    just do what your body tells you to do. Dont eat for the sake of it, ( this is what i am trying to get into my head) If your not hungry your not hungry plain and simple. Tomorrow you could be starving and eat more,
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I don't know you didn't say how much you ate? That makes a big difference in my response.?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    no reason to stuff yourself just to meet your calorie goals, if you aren't hungry then don't eat :)

THIS.
  • mountaincat4
    Options
    The math is simple. If you eat fewer calories than you have burned, you shed a tad more weight, a bit sooner. Nothing noticable, but it adds up. If you aren't hungry, don't force yourself. Like others say, on another day you will go over your days needs, so this helps even things out.
  • mprezn
    mprezn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    haha.. i never have that problem.. im always hungry!.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, one banana and no vegetable in your list ....unless there is something in the rice ball. You might want to work on increasing your nutrition by adding some produce. Otherwise I am with the rest of the responders. If you are not hungry then don't eat. If you get hungry later, eat something.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    That is usually my excuse to grab a beer, a comforting 200 calories ;)
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I get that now and again, about 2x a week typically. I just don't bother overdoing it. If I'm not hungry, I'm not going to eat just to get calories in me. There's usually one day that follows up to these and I want to consume everything in sight.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The evening is still young, and your protein is really low. There's hardly any nutrition there at all.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Considering how often you do NOT meet your goal, you need to figure something out.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    It's ok to miss occasionally... not as a regular thing.
    Consider eating some fruits and vegetables... they won't raise your calorie count as much as some things, but they have important nutrients. Also consider healthy fats, like omegas, avocado, nuts, fish. Looks like you're probably very low on fiber too?
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    That is usually my excuse to grab a beer, a comforting 200 calories ;)

replace beer with wine and that's what i do!
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Considering how often you do NOT meet your goal, you need to figure something out.

Yes, thank you! I looked through the diary and was thinking the exact same thing. Why the concern today, when it seems you are usually under (not always, but usually)?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen a few times. When it does, I make myself eat a pound and a quarter of 99/1 ground turkey. 600 cals, 130g of protein, 0 carbs, only a few grams of fat.

However, if you aren't hungry to begin with, hitting a pound of lean meat just might make you miserable in the stomach department.
  • reptilegrrl
    reptilegrrl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have learned that if I don't get my minimum calories per day, I don't lose weight. I have a low appetite so if I only ate when I was hungry, I would get about 1000 calories a day and would have low blood sugar and low energy.

If I am low on calories I will eat something fatty or with protein to help get myself over the hump. Cheese is a good one, so are nuts.