Do you have Cheating Days?

Options
I was wondering if you guys have a cheating days, I don't because i think if i cheat i'm only cheating on myself.
Cheat Days is when you eat whatever you want in that day.
So do you guys have cheat days or not? :D

Replies

• Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    No cheat days here. Just eat what you want and if you goal is to loose weight then make sure you are in a calorie deficit.
  • bumchicken
    Options
    I don't include them in my plans, no.

I'm too prone to relapses - as soon as I let my hair down for one day it all spirals out of control!

God, I sound like an addict. Ha!
  • karmaology
    Options
    Well, I'm on the Raw Food diet which doesn't require you to go 100% raw, but it's what I'm aiming for. Sometimes, I have a little nibble (literally! I break off a bite of food if I'm tempted and move on) of a food I really can't pass up and then go back to my fruits and veggies.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I don't use or like the word 'cheat' This is a lifestyle choice for me. So I eat what I want as long as it is in moderation and I have the calories for it. I had a naughty day when I went 600 calories over and was like 'meh' but I got straight back on the wagon again. But then again everyone is different. I can do that, get it out of my system and continue. Some people are stricter because they can't.
  • loliblullama
    loliblullama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Today is the closest I will come to a cheat day. I had a pack of wine gums and stole 4 of my girlfriend's love hearts. I knew I wanted to have some sweets so I did some exercise so I'd have enough calories :smile:
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i think i will have a cheat day once a month. to keep me in track during the rest of the days. plus itll keep my metabolism in check (i think..i kind of just made that up).
    but on an everyday basis i usually eat however much i want as long as i can burn enough to get my goal net calories for the day( this is a good system because i LOVE to eat and it motivates me to workout). it also makes me 2nd guess if im really hungry or if im just bored because i know how hard it takes to burn off those calories so maybe the cookie isnt worth it...
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if you guys have a cheating days, I don't because i think if i cheat i'm only cheating on myself.
    Cheat Days is when you eat whatever you want in that day.
    So do you guys have cheat days or not? :D

No cheat days for me. I include treats into my calorie budget. We are meant to enjoy food. I hate calling any kind of eating "cheating", just does not sit well with me.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll have one day where I'll usually go over my deficit number, but under my maintenance number, during the week. I like food, that won't change, and I'm not going to never eat the food I love again, I'm only going to eat less of it and less often. Call it a cheat day or a eat at maintenance day or whatever.
  • kaymarie78
    Options
    I don't use or like the word 'cheat' This is a lifestyle choice for me. So I eat what I want as long as it is in moderation and I have the calories for it. I had a naughty day when I went 600 calories over and was like 'meh' but I got straight back on the wagon again. But then again everyone is different. I can do that, get it out of my system and continue. Some people are stricter because they can't.

This!!
  • Chocohen
    Chocohen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Like a previous poster, I don't like to think of it as a "cheat day" - but I do take the foot off the pedal sometimes.

Like last Saturday morning I did Cardiobodypump class followed by a Spin class just so that I could enjoy whatever food and drink I fancied later that night when we went out. so had a great guilt free evening.

Then again sometimes, like today, I am feeling a bit tired and so may "overeat" my target net calories but still stay within my "maintenance" calorie level.

I am after making a healthy lifestyle change and so I think if I were too strict on myself that it would be hard to stick to it in the longer term
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Nah. I find that if I allocate it, I normally don't feel like eating a bunch of garbage once the time comes around. I more have treats every now and then when I realllllly crave it.

I also don't believe in the "cheat" frame of mind. It was the reason that I gained/lost my weight 3 times. This is my final time around, and I don't feel like I'm on a diet anymore, coz I eat whatever I want. IIFYM!!!
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I agree with Nicky. I don't do cheat days because you're only cheating on yourself. By having a cheat day, you're only reinforcing the fact that your current diet isn't sustainable.

If you really want to eat something, eat it. But you have to incorporate that into your diet. Either by exercising a little more, or eating less than you normally would. That way you can make your diet sustainable, and you'll lose weight and be able to keep it off.
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    cheat days are the best thing ever!! they shock your system, its not gonna make you fat. its like a refuel. once or twice a week and youre solid.
    i cheat/treat myself once or twice a week.

ETA: they keep you from binging ( at least they work for me in that way, along with many others)
  • hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I "cheat", if I am honest with myself and log EVERYTHING, I am more aware the next few days to make better choices.

I always make sure that the calories I am eating are worth it to me.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a "diet" so there is no such thing as a "cheat day". How do you cheat on a lifestyle?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a "diet"...so there's no such thing as cheating. I eat what I want and sometimes choose to eat less healthily than I usually do. Not a big deal..no guilt ...just do better tomorrow.
  • Hannah645
    Hannah645 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do go over my allotted calorie goal. Usually it's because of a social event of some kind. I log it honestly and try not to stress about it. I try to squeeze in more exercise that day and the following day.
  • SamanthaFl1
    Options
    I dont have cheating days, but that is not to say that I will not. I know for instance, the holidays are gonna be wayyyyy hard on me.
    Thanksgiving... and definitely Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. However, who knows, right? Right now, I am to the point... I really dont even wanna eat. :)

I pretty much eat what I want, and stay under my alloted calories. :)