What the..???? Off topic!!

2»

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    WL, you are an amazing, inspiring woman!! I could only dream of having a career like that and I am a huge fan of the work you do! (Documentary nerd here!!).

Unfortunately there are some people that think your only worth is whether or not you have a man...and that is pretty sad on their part. If she couldn't see past that...well..I would actually be pitying HER.

Keep up the EXCELLENT work!! I admire you greatly!

Tami
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Wow... just wow.
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    You have a right to be angry and feel the need to vent---it's amazing that people like her get so far in life. :grumble:

Anyway, hats off to you! You do an amazing job, are a strong woman, and you're confident in yourself...no doubt you'll bounce back from being treated so rudely. Way to go on all your success!

My son likes Deadliest Catch by the way ..He thinks it's really cool and is amazed at the danger involved in what he calls "fishing" :wink:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I imagine that one day, when Teri Gross is interviewing you on Fresh Air, she'll ask about some of the sexism you've encountered in your profession. What a great story you'll have to tell.

That's something along the lines of what I was thinking. . .

"a boyfriend out of it?" are you frickin' kidding me? That *kitten* makes my spleen hurt.

So, let me get this right. . .you have what I believe to be the coolest job EVER. . .you travel the world having random adventures and are in charge of a film crew, as well as your own creative powers. . .and what you really need is (drumroll please. . . .) a boyfriend? Nope.

You keep going sister girl. Eff 'em.
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    ooh Priorities ladies, let's watch our priorities.
    I can't believe she put a boyfriend above a thriving career. We all know how happy she'll be in the future when her relationship disappoints her and she has nothing else to occupy her. Maybe she bumped her head on her rock too many times.

Good up the amazing work. Be your own person and happiness will follow.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Awwwwww you guys are so awesome! Your kind words have truly made me feel better. I've been able to laugh about it tonight...and maybe it will eventually become one of those "remember when?" stories. Sitarami hit it on the head <<A full time gig with her would be worst than a ride on the deadliest catch boat. >>

So I guess it's good. Onward and upward!

Oh and Dbuckl, to answer your question, Mike is EXACTLY like you see on TV. He's one of the coolest, funniest, most down to earth people you'd ever be likely to meet. And he has a photographic memory -- he can scan a page of a script or a list of questions and remember them verbatim. He's just a dream to work with (and even better to have a beer with!) Everybody loves him.

I haven't met Les, so I can't comment!

I am talking to the producer of "Deadliest Catches" the only TV show that I make time for these days. I not Worthy, I'm not worthy...Awesome show. Thanks for the insight on Mike Rowe he is my SmartA@# idol.

By the way, I have worked with some wealthy and influential people through the years and have learned I do not want to be like them. That person is a prime example.

I agree with Phat on all points. Mike Rowe kicks total *kitten*, I want to just hangout and chill with him.

Even more agreed on the point about the 'special' people that 'make the world go round'. I'll stay firmly grounded, thank you very much.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Am I the only one who wants to hear this pitch???!!! Spill WL, inquireing minds want to know. WL Deadliest Catch kicks *kitten*, I knew a few Gloucestermen in my time (think "The perfect storm" except in real life 9/10ths of the drama is missing from their life, but that bar in Gloucester is RIGHT ON!) and while it's not as dangerous as DC, it's still pretty bad out there during the fall Nor'easter season. I can totally relate to how scarey it is out on a boat in the middle of a storm. My brother has a 25 foot boat and we have been out during storms before (never on purpose), course a 20 foot swell in a 25 foot boat is a LOT scarier then a 30 foot swell in a 125 foot boat I would imagine, then again, we don't do that for 2 straight months.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    You guys are amazing!!!!

It's so true that everybody tries to define success by their own desires, and clearly hers is all about getting that big ol' sparkly ring on her finger. And as for me, well I reckon I'd worry about drowning (literally and figuratively) with a rock like that! So to each her own.

Yes, I am single...in fact just posted my profile on match.com for the first time...OMG!

The pitch was a show on a small rodeo that takes place every night of the summer in Wyoming. The characters are really great because it's sort of the minor leagues of the rodeo circuit, so I pitched it like a "Friday Night Lights" meets "The Hills." Lots of goodlooking cowboys and cowgirls who live to ride, long hot nights when you feel like the summer will last forever, hookups and heartbreak etc etc.

I'm pitching it all around town and have gotten really great responses but no commitments yet. Fingers crossed!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    The pitch was a show on a small rodeo that takes place every night of the summer in Wyoming. The characters are really great because it's sort of the minor leagues of the rodeo circuit, so I pitched it like a "Friday Night Lights" meets "The Hills." Lots of goodlooking cowboys and cowgirls who live to ride, long hot nights when you feel like the summer will last forever, hookups and heartbreak etc etc.

I love that! Let us know what channel eventually! :flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    You guys are amazing!!!!

It's so true that everybody tries to define success by their own desires, and clearly hers is all about getting that big ol' sparkly ring on her finger. And as for me, well I reckon I'd worry about drowning (literally and figuratively) with a rock like that! So to each her own.

Yes, I am single...in fact just posted my profile on match.com for the first time...OMG!

I'm pitching it all around town and have gotten really great responses but no commitments yet. Fingers crossed!

That rocks WL!

So posted your profile on Match.com huh?

That explains the sound of the hundreds of guys stampedeing through the interweb to get your number. (What a catch!)

I have an idea for you....

Ok, imagine a very pretty television producer...she's single, adventurous, and very cool. It's all about her (and her buddies from a little known weight loss site called MFP, (that's critical to the success)) adventures traveling to exotic places, meeting amazing attractive people, and entertaining the mob that is american tv audiences. You can call it 'Hottie Vs. Wild' or 'Weightbusters'...we could even get Leonard Nimoy to narrate it for us!!!

Hello Discovery Channel Store DVD of the month!

:wink: :laugh:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    You guys are amazing!!!!

Hey - if you land it let me know - you won't be too far away from me and we love to catch the occassional rodeo. We could do coffee!! :happy:
  • wanderinglight

Ok, imagine a very pretty television producer...she's single, adventurous, and very cool. It's all about her (and her buddies from a little known weight loss site called MFP, (that's critical to the success)) adventures traveling to exotic places, meeting amazing attractive people, and entertaining the mob that is american tv audiences. You can call it 'Hottie Vs. Wild' or 'Weightbusters'...we could even get Leonard Nimoy to narrate it for us!!!

I would watch that show LOL! Ahhhhhh that would be so fun to produce! Someday I would love to travel around the country meeting everyone that I've ever chatted with on a forum.

P.S. The real show is on match.com. Holy cow! I had no idea there were so many, um, interesting characters out there!!!! I wish I could take a camera on the blind dates with me...
  • wanderinglight
    [/quote]

Hey - if you land it let me know - you won't be too far away from me and we love to catch the occassional rodeo. We could do coffee!! :happy:
    [/quote]

I would LOVE THAT!!!! I love Montana! It would be a dream come true to spend the summer out your way...
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member

Yeah...I've been on and off Match for quite some time. It never ceases to amaze me the things that guys write in their profiles. Things like "Please only respond if you are hot" or "You must be into kinky s*x" etc. Also, living in Los Angeles, many guys have posted their lovely "head shot", you know, the black and white, posed, I'm-an-actor-trying-to-be-discovered photo. *Sigh* I"ve had some winner dates too...they should do a show on the total disconnect between the photo that I saw, and the person I see standing in front of me! Good luck...hope guys in your neck of the woods are a better crop than the ones out here!!
    I would watch that show LOL! Ahhhhhh that would be so fun to produce! Someday I would love to travel around the country meeting everyone that I've ever chatted with on a forum.

P.S. The real show is on match.com. Holy cow! I had no idea there were so many, um, interesting characters out there!!!! I wish I could take a camera on the blind dates with me...
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Oops! Let's try that again...I meant to write:

Yeah...I've been on and off Match for quite some time. It never ceases to amaze me the things that guys write in their profiles. Things like "Please only respond if you are hot" or "You must be into kinky s*x" etc. Also, living in Los Angeles, many guys have posted their lovely "head shot", you know, the black and white, posed, I'm-an-actor-trying-to-be-discovered photo. *Sigh* I"ve had some winner dates too...they should do a show on the total disconnect between the photo that I saw, and the person I see standing in front of me! Good luck...hope guys in your neck of the woods are a better crop than the ones out here!!
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    What a nut job, maybe she just got her big rock so it's the only thing on her mind. We love Deadliest Catch! Even my 4-year old asks to watch the "crab show". Do you have any other interesting info to share?! Oh, I like your new show idea too. Is that in Cody? I used to live in western SD which is also rodeo country. Cowboys are interesting characters.
  • wanderinglight
    Am I the only one who wants to hear this pitch???!!! Spill WL, inquireing minds want to know. WL Deadliest Catch kicks *kitten*, I knew a few Gloucestermen in my time (think "The perfect storm" except in real life 9/10ths of the drama is missing from their life, but that bar in Gloucester is RIGHT ON!) and while it's not as dangerous as DC, it's still pretty bad out there during the fall Nor'easter season. I can totally relate to how scarey it is out on a boat in the middle of a storm. My brother has a 25 foot boat and we have been out during storms before (never on purpose), course a 20 foot swell in a 25 foot boat is a LOT scarier then a 30 foot swell in a 125 foot boat I would imagine, then again, we don't do that for 2 straight months.

aaaarrrggghhhh cannot even begin to imagine 20' swells in a little boat like that! That would be unbelievably scary. I posted a pic on my profile that i took right before a wave crashed overboard and knocked us all down...that was a pretty exciting moment.

p.s. I've always wanted to go to Gloucester.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    What is she but an expired Paris Hilton......is that redundant? Anyway, I'm proud of you for the strong woman you are and you should be also. I know those people are hard to deal with but they are the very hurdles we need in life to make us go farther and harder. Kick some ace girl!