210-149lbs (w. pics)

Options
r0se125
r0se125 Posts: 228 Member
My journey starts in 2009....i was at my heaviest...210 (or atleast that's what it was when i was finally forced to get on a scale). My husband and I were trying to conceive our second baby. But when I went to the doctor to find out why it wasn't happening I was told it was because of my weight gain. when I got pregnant with my first child i was about 130lbs. which for me was "heavy" i was normally 120-125lbs.

I tried to loose weight and would loose a little gain a little over and over again. I was miserable. Well in 2011 i got down to 194lbs and ended up getting pregnant with our second baby. I was really sick threw out the pregnancy. I was loosing weight, but when I took my concerns to the doctor, she told me "you have enough extra to feed the baby" any my mom followed that by "the baby will just feed off your extra fat" Thanks guys! Well needless to say she grew just fine. She was 2 weeks early and weighed 8lbs 9oz. [her brother was born on his due date at 9lbs 10oz we have big babies. lol]

I came out of the hospital at 190lbs! and then 6 weeks later I was 175lbs! it was the umph i though i needed. Well shortly after 6 weeks i had to move back to cali as my husband was coming home from deployment. that was the beginning of this year. Needless to say between the move and him coming home i managed to go back up to 182lbs!

I was done, sick of my weight and sick of fighting with food fighting with myself, being depressed all the time feeling lazy not being able to find clothes that fit. So yet again back to the doctors I go. We talk and he prescribes me phentermine to help, well i took it and it made me sick, dizzy, just felt completely awful! So needless to say i realized i had to do this on my own, i had to buck up and deal with the fact that life as i knew it wasnt going to be the same if i wanted to change.

I ended up meeting my now best friend right around the same time i was going threw all this. She has the same goals as i did and was just as determined as i was. So we got gym memberships together and our journey began. I havent looked back once. I have days that i over indulge or dont eat the greatest. but I push threw!

After she moved away in august i lost a little motivation. I ended up stopping my gym membership but i still ate right and kept loosing. and today October 21 2012 i can proudly say i am no longer in the "overeweight" BMI category. I am officially in the healthy category!

I am not to my goal yet. I am 14lbs to go till i hit that...but this is a big accomplishment for me! I am now on week 2 of insanity. and pushing threw to loose those last 14lbs and be fit and healthy

and now pics :)

210-149.jpg

face.jpg

Replies

• stephanielindley422
    Options
    Great job!! You look fantastic!
  • JeanneJeanne
    JeanneJeanne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look great and healthy.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! Yesterday I couldn't stop eating everything in sight. Thanks to your success (I also started about the same weight) I know I have to keep going. Don't give up.

You look great! Congrats!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, good job!!!! :)
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful! That's some work you did there, congrats! I love that your story is so inspiring, job well done girl! You can do this to the end and hopefully I will see you on here one more time. Very inspiring!
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Well done. Do you mind if I ask how tall you are? Am curious because your starting weight and goal weights are roughly the same as mine.
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Well done :smile:
  • agentphantom
    Options
    Fantastic, keep it up!
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look fab! well done
  • r0se125
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Well done. Do you mind if I ask how tall you are? Am curious because your starting weight and goal weights are roughly the same as mine.

Thank you everyone... and i am 5'5-5'5 1/2
  • kimlaw98
    kimlaw98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Applause! Good job :smile:
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    similar stories! I am ranging between 149 and 149 I don't know why I range it is annoying. On week two of insanity as well.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Wow; you look fantastic! I started at a similar weight and have a goal close to yours, so I'm super-duper inspired!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look wonderful :smile:
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look fantastic!
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    Great Job! I love reading others success stories, gives me hope that I too will be there oneday!
  • Findingmyathlete
    Findingmyathlete Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well done! What an accomplishment
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    you look awesome, congrats!
  • r0se125
    Options
    Thank you thank you everyone!
  • aussiemegs82
    Options
    You look fantastic. Well done. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!