Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Chub Rub Help

I've recently taken up running and training for a 5K and I now have some awful chaffing on my inner thighs (probably TMI I know).
But what do others do that have had this problem to 1) Soothe what I've done and 2) prevent it from getting worse/happening again.

I have my 5K the weekend after Thanksgiving and want to not be in agony....even though I'm currently in agony for letting it happen as it is.

Replies

• Are you training in loose shorts? Wearing spandex should solve your problem. If you're already in spandex, buy some Body Glide or something similar. Good luck!
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    I use Body Glide. If you ever have problems with blisters it works great for that too.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Use deoderant in those spots.It will dry out the bad area and help keep moisture away for future rubbing.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    I feel your pain.
    People suggest Body Glide or vaseline. I have had success with them in other areas (bra line) but never seems to work on my thighs. The only thing that worked for me was wearing tight shorts (you can wear a looser pair over top). Or if I wore pants that were tight on my thighs (bottoms could be loose) that worked too.

As for what to do now, I'm not sure.

Eta - cute pic. I giggled at the Mountie moose.
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    Thanks everyone! Someone also suggested diaper cream. I'm currently running in yoga pants/capris, but might try putting some spandex/leggings on underneath.
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    I feel your pain.
    People suggest Body Glide or vaseline. I have had success with them in other areas (bra line) but never seems to work on my thighs. The only thing that worked for me was wearing tight shorts (you can wear a looser pair over top). Or if I wore pants that were tight on my thighs (bottoms could be loose) that worked too.

As for what to do now, I'm not sure.

Eta - cute pic. I giggled at the Mountie moose.
    Thanks :) We took a trip up to Canada not too long ago. Needed a mountie moose pic!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Thanks everyone! Someone also suggested diaper cream. I'm currently running in yoga pants/capris, but might try putting some spandex/leggings on underneath.

If its because of the pants, the body glide might work. I found it didn't work for me when i wore shorts so it was skin on skin. But it did work with my bra or socks rubbing my skin.
    Good luck.
  • I could give you a long back story (that i had typed out, but walked away and wife used laptop and changed sites) but I'll just say corn starch will make you feel like you are born again! I keep a small ziplock bag of it in my lunch box at work through the summer, just in case!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    :angry:
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    I've recently taken up running and training for a 5K and I now have some awful chaffing on my inner thighs (probably TMI I know).
    But what do others do that have had this problem to 1) Soothe what I've done and 2) prevent it from getting worse/happening again.

I have my 5K the weekend after Thanksgiving and want to not be in agony....even though I'm currently in agony for letting it happen as it is.

Lady Anti-Monkey Butt
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    When I ran a lot ( don't anymore, too lazy ) I would get taco rash all the time. I would normally grin and bear it, because every time was the last time. "It wont chafe this time" I would tell myself, but you know what it still did.

never really did find a cure for this......my input is invalid.:huh: