Need advice - What to do about my weight (123lbs)

2»

Replies

• JuliesS82
    JuliesS82 Posts: 14 Member
    I lost mine for a time in college and everyone just assumed it was exercise/diet related.
    It was NOT and it took years to come back.

Give your Dr or physcian's asst or nurse practicioner a call.
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    I lost mine for a time in college and everyone just assumed it was exercise/diet related.
    It was NOT and it took years to come back.

Give your Dr or physcian's asst or nurse practicioner a call.

Do you mind saying what it was then?
    I know that I'm going to have to go see a doctor (guess it's a good thing I finally have health insurance! - new job).
    I don't have a doctor yet though.. so I need to find one first.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Definitely talk to a doctor. Get your nutrient levels checked. Losing your periods is kind of serious.
  • A big congrats on your big weight loss!

Sorry I can't help you with your gyno concerns.

But I couldn't pass on the chance to give you a big high five for your success!

Charley
  • mgram2
    A big congrats on your big weight loss!

Sorry I can't help you with your gyno concerns.

But I couldn't pass on the chance to give you a big high five for your success!

Charley

• healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    and i realize i didn't offer any advice. sorry

But your response was the best.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    I hate saying this but...these are questions for a health care professional (dr. nurse practitioner etc)

^ Yep
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Yes, you must see your gyno about this as soon as possible.

I know that children probably not on your mind right now but you really should make sure everything is fine before you try to start. I waited until my mid 30s to pay attention to stuff like that and I never was able to have children.

Looking thin is awesome but being healthy is important. If you are doing something to your body that is causing it not to work right, you really need to find out what it is and why.

Good luck.

I already have a 4 year old son.

All the more reason to go to the doctor.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Not getting your period can cause problems with your bones. To the doctor! :flowerforyou:
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    123 is not underweight at all. I'd think there is something else wrong.
  • mgram2

I agree.. 123 seems healthy. I think the issue is more with my body fat % -- roughly 14.8%
  • have a doctor run a blood test. I missed mine for a long time and finally went to the doctor and she determined through a blood test that it was just a vitamin deficiency--which is def possible if you are dieting. Not a big deal to fix if it's that!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member

I agree.. 123 seems healthy. I think the issue is more with my body fat % -- roughly 14.8%

How do you have 14.8% body fat? I am 5'3.5" and weight 107 and have around 19%.

After running the calculations and looking at your pictures, I can promise you that you not under 15% body fat, you are running more around 20%. I think you need to go to the dr and get some blood work done, chances are you are running some type of deficiency that could cause you trouble in the long run.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 638 Member
    Try eating cashews or peanut butter. Take a spoonful of flaxseed oil daily, lots of health benefits. Try cooking with coconut oil, also lots of health benefits. Try switching from egg whites to egg yolks, throw one in.
  • mgram2

How do you have 14.8% body fat? I am 5'3.5" and weight 107 and have around 19%.

After running the calculations and looking at your pictures, I can promise you that you not under 15% body fat, you are running more around 20%. I think you need to go to the dr and get some blood work done, chances are you are running some type of deficiency that could cause you trouble in the long run.

My calculation is based on http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/
    It is based on my height, weight, and measurements.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Your lack of a menstrual cycle could be from dropping the weight too fast, or it could be from a completely different medical condition. You should talk to your doctor just in case it is unrelated to the weight loss.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    I would say..Go to your gynecologist. That's the only help I can give you.

Like many have said. You could have (could no) have a medical conation that is keeping you from your cycle.

I have PCOS. From what I read about it..it effects everyone differently.

However, You can't figure this out on your own. We can only give you clues. Stop worrying about your body weight. BMI and all of that.

You NEED to see the doctor. We're not doctors. We're just normal people trying to maintain or lose. xD

Unless there is a doctor in here.
  • mgram2
    I would say..Go to your gynecologist. That's the only help I can give you.

Like many have said. You could have (could no) have a medical conation that is keeping you from your cycle.

I have PCOS. From what I read about it..it effects everyone differently.

However, You can't figure this out on your own. We can only give you clues. Stop worrying about your body weight. BMI and all of that.

You NEED to see the doctor. We're not doctors. We're just normal people trying to maintain or lose. xD

Unless there is a doctor in here.

I appreciate your feedback. I am going to go see a doctor.. it's just a matter of when.
    I was just hoping that someone might have gone through the same thing and could give me some more insight.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,187 Member
    This happened to me until I upped to maintenance calories.
  • mgram2
    thank you everyone for your feedback!