Light or moderate?

Options
i'm not sure what my activitiy level would be considerred. i exercise 3 days a week, doing weights for 30 minutes and walkking for 45 - 60 minutes. other than that, i don't do much because of school and other things i haf to do.

thanks for the hellp.

Replies

• mariku_king
    Options
    bummp
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Moderate, 3 x a week.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the way i see it, is that your activity level should be set without exercise in mind, so probably just lightly active. add in the calories from exercise, and eat them.
  • ShoeloverPearl
    Options
    Hmm what you think is moderate, I might say is Light, someone else says is Sedentary. 45-60 min of walking a week is quite a bit of cardio, if your heart rate is up during the walks I would def say moderate.
  • jefedesalto
    jefedesalto Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Light to moderate. Walking and 30 minutes of weight is great, but to be in the solid moderate level of activity you should be doing some sort of running or cycling.

The best way to think about it is
    Someone with a desk job is sedentary.
    Someone with a cashier/walking job is light.
    A stock person, mechanic, landscaper would be moderate. (lifting heavy boxes or turning wrenches or working outside in the heat.)
    A bicycle messenger would be intense.

Because you do exercise it helps but that does depend on the level of intensity also.
  • mariku_king
    Options
    Light to moderate. Walking and 30 minutes of weight is great, but to be in the solid moderate level of activity you should be doing some sort of running or cycling.

The best way to think about it is
    Someone with a desk job is sedentary.
    Someone with a cashier/walking job is light.
    A stock person, mechanic, landscaper would be moderate. (lifting heavy boxes or turning wrenches or working outside in the heat.)
    A bicycle messenger would be intense.

Because you do exercise it helps but that does depend on the level of intensity also.

I was thinking light would be right,
  • chrisc16
    Options
    Well, I have a desk job so I listed my activity level as sedentary. I do Cardio 7 days a week when I can (ride bike for 30 minutes) and strength. I log the Cardio exercise but not the strength. Been working fine for me.
  • mariku_king
    Options
    the way i see it, is that your activity level should be set without exercise in mind, so probably just lightly active. add in the calories from exercise, and eat them.

Then definitely lightly active. thanks.
  • jefedesalto
    Options
    Good call!
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options

THIS ^^^^

I am a students 3 days and work 3 days... and work out about 4 days a week. (weights and elliptical training) i have my cals set at lightly active then I eat back all work out cals... so I am able to eat about 1800 cals a day... this has been great for me!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    also, keep in mind that your body works more on a weekly basis, rather than day-to-day.

so if on a day you work out and burn an extra 400 calories, but your just not as hungry and you don't eat them all, and the next day you are starving and you eat a little over you goal calories, you know it all balances out.
  • jefedesalto
    Options
    also, keep in mind that your body works more on a weekly basis, rather than day-to-day.

so if on a day you work out and burn an extra 400 calories, but your just not as hungry and you don't eat them all, and the next day you are starving and you eat a little over you goal calories, you know it all balances out.

I agree, I feel like my body has almost a 2 week lag. I know my diet will be on point for two weeks but it takes another two weeks for it to show on the scale.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I think it is most accurate to list yourself as sedentary and then log your exercise. That way you can vary it and eat back your exercise calories.