Vegan Protein Shakes?

Options
elishazf
elishazf Posts: 332 Member
Anyone have any good recipes for a vegan protein shake?

Replies

• lisaann1061
    lisaann1061 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Vega One is a great tasting vegan protein powder. I love the vanilla chai flavor. I mix it with almond milk and chia seeds
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Vega One is a great tasting vegan protein powder. I love the vanilla chai flavor. I mix it with almond milk and chia seeds
    Great Thanks! Can you get this at any grocery store or do you have to order it specifically online?
  • lisaann1061
    lisaann1061 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I buy it at Whole Foods
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I use vega one or vega smoothie. Both are available at most health food stores and some chain grocery stores.

I also like prairie naturals unflavored protein powder to mix into savory foods or when I don't want to have a particular flavor in something like oatmeal.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have found Ultimate Nutrition's Protein Isolate works well (mixing, not clumping) with a frozen banana and some berries with either almond or soy milk, or even water. Put everything in the blender and give it a couple of whirls!

Price is reasonable and I get mine through Amazon.com. They have a subscription service for some items and you can get an extra discount without paying shipping.
  • cjlapier
    Options
    Shakeology by beachbody has a chocolate and strawberry vegan version, but be prepared to take out a home equity loan to buy it,
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I just make my own with soy milk and chia seeds. Sure it's not going to be super high protein, but it's enough for me. I also put in a dash of fruit juice, handfull of greens, berries, and a small banana. If I do that it's usually for breakfast.

I used to use vega but it's expensive, but if you have the extra money it's good.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp peanut or other nut (including soy) butter
    1 banana
    1 cup soy milk (CHOCOLATE! it's great for after a workout)
    Ice, if you like a more textured smoothie.

Cheaper than Vega. I don't like their instant smoothies, I think they are grooosss.
  • Rombus19
    Rombus19 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use Vega Sports pre workout for a cleaner pre workout, and I love it, haven't tried any of their other products, but here's there website
    http://vegasport.com/
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    though i don't have a specific recipe for it, silken tofu is nice for blending into shakes and smoothie. i've blended mine with peanut butter, banana, almond milk, and a little cocoa powder or cinnamon and it's delicious.