Travelling with a BF/GF?

Options
So I'm 20 my boyfriend is 24 and we've been together a bit over a year now. Next year we both want to travel, ideally around southeast Asia. He's already technically travelling - he's English and is now here in NZ. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone here has travelled with someone after being together a year or two together, rather than with a husband or wife. Did it work? Any advice? Things to avoid? We already spend a lot of time together so that wouldn't be an issue.. I'm mostly worried about being a little more high maintenance than him.. haha! And him getting us in scary situations.. he's a bit reckless at times haha.

So any stories or advice would be beyond lovely, thank you xx

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    South East Asia is no place for a woman to be with a "reckless" guy. Can get you killed. or worse.

I think you really need to look into the logistics in traveling through these areas and maybe rethink some things. And really know, culturally, where you're going and what you're really getting yourself into.

Is it pretty? Absolutely. Does it have a lot to offer as far as cultural experience? Absolutely. Is it safe? Not in many many places for a girl.

**eta,
    if you're going to travel, I suggest a few mini-weekends first.
  • sarahjuneblanke
    sarahjuneblanke Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    im about to move to montana with my bf! weve been together a bit over a year,
    im scared too! we also want to travel together,

New zealand, italy, france and england
  • zaidr
    zaidr Posts: 66
    Options
    well i can tell you the drive is a make it or break it sitting in the car with eachother for long periods of time, if its fun the you have a good realtionship. :)