MFP runner's club May 23rd

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Good morning,

Sun is shinning this morning! Yeah!!

I got out and ran my 7k this morning. I saw a scary looking fox, he looked very mange. I struggle a little in the beginning but was okay afterwards. My sciatic nerve did not bother me so I'm hoping it's gone for a little while.

How is everyone else doing?
Mireille

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Sun is shinning this morning! Yeah!!

I got out and ran my 7k this morning. I saw a scary looking fox, he looked very mange. I struggle a little in the beginning but was okay afterwards. My sciatic nerve did not bother me so I'm hoping it's gone for a little while.

How is everyone else doing?
    Mireille
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I logged 3 miles bright and early this morning.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

Wishing everyone a wonderful and safe looooooong weekend.
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    I usually don’t get to run until around 3 p.m. (after work). I love getting up every morning and seeing that so many people are getting successful runs in. I especially appreciate the mothers who are running with strollers and all sorts of family commitments.

I just wanted to thank everyone for keeping me motivated and continually inspired.

(P.s. does anyone while running have legs aches? I stretch before I run but my calves are always hurting. I used to be a gymnast so they are big calves. A lack of muscular strength is not the issue. Wonder what anyone does to combat muscle aches.)
  • kechiemc
    Options
    (P.s. does anyone while running have legs aches? I stretch before I run but my calves are always hurting. I used to be a gymnast so they are big calves. A lack of muscular strength is not the issue. Wonder what anyone does to combat muscle aches.)

I do not stretch and I do not have leg aches during my runs. I used to be a gymnast too. A long long time ago.:laugh: Maybe a hydration issue? Or not enough warming up? No matter how far I plan to run I always hold myself back and run super slow for the first mile or mile and a half.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are such studs. :heart:

No running for me today, but I'll hit it tomorrow.

Happy 3-Day weekend, me lovelies! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Off topic, but.....

I think I need to have my thyroid re-checked. Mine was removed when I was eleven, so have been on synthetic thyroid since then.

Haven't had it checked since I've lost weight & my *kitten* has been dragging lately. :yawn:

Getting strange looks free-basing my coffee at work. :laugh:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles last night. Today is my day off, but I plan to run on a trail near my father-in-law's house this weekend since we are going out of town. Have a safe weekend everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Off topic, but.....

I think I need to have my thyroid re-checked. Mine was removed when I was eleven, so have been on synthetic thyroid since then.

Haven't had it checked since I've lost weight & my *kitten* has been dragging lately. :yawn:

Hey babe, don't mess around with your health, get that shyte checked out ASAP!!!
    I ran my 5 today, feeling good, the sun is out, it's warm AND it's FRIDAY!!!:drinker: The holiday weekend officially starts at 2:45 today!!!!SWEET!!!
    I'm doing a little experiment this weekend-NO LOGGING. I'm still going to eat healthy things and run, just no logging.Not really an experiment as I'm lazy:laugh:
    See you all on Tuesday morning!!!!
    Keep on keepin'on!!!!:bigsmile:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just got done with 4 miles:happy: It was interval day
    0-1 @ 4.5
    2-4 - @ 6.0
    5-6 - @ 6.5
    7-8 - @ 7
    9 - @ 8

3 miles of that and 1 at 6.3-6.5

I am sweating like crazy, but if we go out for supper tonight I"ll be glad I have the extra cals!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It was my first "sleep-in" day since my kids are out of school and I wimped out and got on the treadmill instead of going outside. I stepped outside into 45 degree weather and decided I'd rather be inside.

But on the positive side, with no time restraints I got in 65 min (about 6 miles, I think). It felt great. :bigsmile:

Also, my husband has FINALLY recognized my success on this site and has now joined after me telling him about it for months. It's funny to see him logging all his exercise (he rides his bike to work) and his food. But it's not fair to see how many calories a 210-pound man burns from exercise when I have to work SO HARD to burn that much! :grumble:

If any of you get a chance look at my profile and my husband is in my friends list, his name is rovert69. His profile is a pic of us on Halloween last year when we dressed as a funny old couple. :blushing:

Thanks for this thread every day! I love seeing everyone's workouts and reading words of encouragement! :flowerforyou:
  • samccarthy
    samccarthy Posts: 34
    Options
    I did an interval work out on the treadmill (so far, all my running is on the treadmill--I'd love some advice about moving outside!!). I did intervals today--2 min at 6.0 mph, then 1 min at 7.0 for 30 min. At the end I was doing 6.1 and 7.1 but only for the last few. I did this last Fri, too. It was very, very hard, but not as hard as the first time!! I've only been running for a few months and I am so inspired by all you runners on this board!

My biggest fear about running outside is that I won't be able to set a reasonable pace. Having to keep up with the treadmill is what keeps me going. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Sheryl
  • kechiemc
    Options
    My biggest fear about running outside is that I won't be able to set a reasonable pace. Having to keep up with the treadmill is what keeps me going. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Sheryl

I found this easy to follow 10 week 5K Training Program online. Use your car odometer or runningmap.com to find a 2 mile route. Be sure to walk briskly for 5 minutes to warm up. Total time does not include the warm up walk.

I followed this program 3 days a week. It took me 4 months to get to week 10. It is recommended that you repeat weeks if you feel tired or sore.

Week 1-Run 1 min-Walk 2 min-Repeat 7x-Total Time 21 min
    Week 2-Run 1 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 10x -Total Time 20 min

Week 3-Run 2 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 7x-Total Time 21 min
    Week 4-Run 3 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 5x-Total Time 20 min

Week 5-Run 4 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 4x-Total Time 20 min
    Week 6-Run 6 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 3x-Total Time 21 min

Week 7-Run 9 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 2x-Total Time 20 min
    Week 8-Run 12 min-Walk 1 min-Then run 7 minutes-Total Time 20 min

Week 9-Run 15 min-Walk 1 min-Then run 4 minutes-Total Time 20 min
    Week 10 Run 20 min Leap for joy!

"Run like someone is chasing you." :noway:
    -Kechie.
  • samccarthy
    Options

Sheryl

I found this easy to follow 10 week 5K Training Program online. Use your car odometer or runningmap.com to find a 2 mile route. Be sure to walk briskly for 5 minutes to warm up. Total time does not include the warm up walk.

I followed this program 3 days a week. It took me 4 months to get to week 10. It is recommended that you repeat weeks if you feel tired or sore.

Week 1-Run 1 min-Walk 2 min-Repeat 7x-Total Time 21 min
    Week 2-Run 1 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 10x -Total Time 20 min

Week 3-Run 2 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 7x-Total Time 21 min
    Week 4-Run 3 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 5x-Total Time 20 min

Week 5-Run 4 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 4x-Total Time 20 min
    Week 6-Run 6 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 3x-Total Time 21 min

Week 7-Run 9 min-Walk 1 min-Repeat 2x-Total Time 20 min
    Week 8-Run 12 min-Walk 1 min-Then run 7 minutes-Total Time 20 min

Week 9-Run 15 min-Walk 1 min-Then run 4 minutes-Total Time 20 min
    Week 10 Run 20 min Leap for joy!

"Run like someone is chasing you." :noway:
    -Kechie.
  • samccarthy
    Options
    thanks for the outdoor running advice!! I am definitely going to make it a goal to get out and run this weekend since I can't use the treadmill at the gym on Monday (my fitness center is at my workplace--very convenient most days, but not on vacation days!!).

Sheryl
  • Shannon023
    Options
    thanks for the outdoor running advice!! I am definitely going to make it a goal to get out and run this weekend since I can't use the treadmill at the gym on Monday (my fitness center is at my workplace--very convenient most days, but not on vacation days!!).

Sheryl

I think once you get used to it, you'll love running outdoors.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Off topic, but.....

Free-basing coffee!???!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.:laugh:

Yes, I'm with mkeithley, get it checked, but while you're at it, you may want to have your iron levels checked. I, too, was dragging and I did a little research online. I'm prone to anemia and apparently performing a hard-hitting foot exercise (such as running) can destroy red blood cells. It's a simple blood test and prob worth the time if you're already there. (Although I didn't take my own advice.) I just stocked up on the iron supplements because of my past history. They have helped.

Ok. I'm off to do my "3" miles.

<<<<<<<<HUGS TO ALL>>>>>>>>> Be safe this weekend. Lots 'o crazies out there.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Off topic, but.....

Yes, I'm with mkeithley, get it checked, but while you're at it, you may want to have your iron levels checked. I, too, was dragging and I did a little research online. I'm prone to anemia and apparently performing a hard-hitting foot exercise (such as running) can destroy red blood cells. It's a simple blood test and prob worth the time if you're already there. (Although I didn't take my own advice.) I just stocked up on the iron supplements because of my past history. They have helped.

• Shannon023
    Options
    Off topic, but.....

Have a good run/weekend too!! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Ya'll are out running...I'm gonna try & post smilies.....

angel4.gif

Oooohhhh...that worked!!!! :drinker:

Reminds you of me too, huh??? :blushing:
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Did my 3 1/2 miles today. I'd mapped out a 4 mile run but coudn't seem to break my plateau of 3 1/2.