I am New

Options
Hi my name is Kelly 39, I am married for 9 years and have 1 daughter age 6. And I am here today to get some ideas on how to lose some weight. I just started my diet a week ago. Looking for some low diet recipes to share with my family at all meals. :happy:

Replies

• cheermom614
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the Myfitnesspal club! The Hungry Girl cookbooks have some great low cal and low fat recipe ideas that taste great. The key to any diet and fitness program is to stick with it! I've had to force myself to get up and workout but afterward I feel great!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome!
  • jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Remind yourself daily (or let the community here at MFP help you!) that this is a long-term commitment not to just losing weight but improving your life style...good luck!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Kelly 39, I am married for 9 years and have 1 daughter age 6. And I am here today to get some ideas on how to lose some weight. I just started my diet a week ago. Looking for some low diet recipes to share with my family at all meals. :happy:

Welcome! Check out all of the message boards for great recipes and ideas. Also, I invite you to join the Skinny Saturday Challeng 2 posted in the Motivation message board! If you want to stay on track on Saturday (a day when alot of us are tempted to blow it) this is the challenge for you!

Good luck on your journey~Fab:flowerforyou:
  • Animalchin
    Options
    Hi, I am Sativa, 22 years old and wanted to try a new approach into losing weight. I bought a bike and I wanna get back to a healthy weight and get rid of my big thighs. Hopefully myfitnesspal can help out! :)
  • lopa_shah
    lopa_shah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this portal.
    Started watching my weight just this week,. I am 28 and currently 139 lb, I was 118lb two years back when got married and am looking fwd to get back to that by end April. Let's see how does this go as i certainly cannot control diet, i want to eat everything normal as i will do on any normal day, so for me key is more exercise. Let's see how far can i achieve it.
  • yazmatazz
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!

531760.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this portal.
    Started watching my weight just this week,. I am 28 and currently 139 lb, I was 118lb two years back when got married and am looking fwd to get back to that by end April. Let's see how does this go as i certainly cannot control diet, i want to eat everything normal as i will do on any normal day, so for me key is more exercise. Let's see how far can i achieve it.

Actually controlling diet in small ways is a very important factor (portion size) and High Fructose Corn Syrup avoidance is a great place to start...... find exercise you enjoy that is fun and make it an integrated part of your life. Good Luck! If you happen to drink pop of any kind, reducing that and replacing with water can make a huge difference. I have a friend that lost 20 lbs simply by switching to drinking water instead of pop and walking for her exercise. I had to use a slightly different approach, since I never drank pop anyway. I do eat regular foods though, and NEVER Nonfat, Splenda, or any of that stuff. I prefer whole foods to processed ones.
    Take care and enjoy a healthy life!

Shari
  • lopa_shah
    lopa_shah Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Ya i don't drink pop much,but while at work so eat coffee, sometimes with milk and suagr when i start feeling tired and exhausted which now i am trying to avoid, only having black tea or back coffee when i need some thing to drink.

I want to eat normal, but i will keep watch on what i eat on portion size, i think restraining self from eating something can backfire so i will try to have small portion when get craving for something. I am not a chocolate or ice-cream fan, so that's good.

Hope i will be able to stick to healthier routine and achieve my goal this time :)