RMR

Options
okay...so im very new to all this weight loss stuff and im in need of SERIOUS help... i looked up what RMR is and used a RMR calculator on fitnessfrog.com... and its calculated 1,826.... is that the calories i should be taking in each day???? im soo confused.... someone please help me!!!

Replies

• bdunt2646
    bdunt2646 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    MFP provides all that and even creates your cal budget and restraints of sodium, carbs, protein and fat. Take a look at it under the APPS tab..
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    RMR or BMR is your calories needed to maintain your current weight if you were in a coma. You need to be eating about 100 calories more than that. 200 would be even better.

If you enter all your info into MFP like it asks it will give you a budget to use that takes all the guess work out of it.
  • bdunt2646
    Options
    i get all that...my allowance is 1240 calories a day...and i keep seeing people say how they had to increase that in order to even lose anything! so this is all very confusing for me!!
    ive read that cutting calories by too many will in a sense, make your body feed off the muscle etc... yea you will lose weight...but when you try to maintain you may end up regaining even more weight than before
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    i get all that...my allowance is 1240 calories a day...and i keep seeing people say how they had to increase that in order to even lose anything! so this is all very confusing for me!!
    ive read that cutting calories by too many will in a sense, make your body feed off the muscle etc... yea you will lose weight...but when you try to maintain you may end up regaining even more weight than before

I can COMPLETELY understand why it all sounds so confusing love, but how about this:

Why don't you try eating 1240 NET calories a day (Net meaning that if you don't exercise that day you can't go over that number) for about 2 weeks - if you lose weight and feel comfortable on that intake then you know it's right for you.

HOWEVER, if you find that you're not losing, you're tired, drawn-out, cranky, miserable, etc. then up your calories.

It doesn't matter what other people tell you. Go with your gut instinct first and if it doesn't work then try something different. What's most important is what works FOR YOU and you will never know what does until you try.

I hope this helps.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Just make sure that you net 1240. If you eat (most or all of) your exercise calories (whole other can of worms) you should be fine! Feel it out and see what works for you.
  • bdunt2646
    Options
    also, when i calculated my bmr it says1786 and my rmr is 1826 ... so based on the statement "eat about 100 calories more than that" would that mean eat more than those numbers?? lol... if i averaged those two numbers id get 1806...add 100 and thats 1906.... that seems like ALOT of calories...but like i said, im new to this so maybe it isnt a lot?
  • bdunt2646
    Options

I can COMPLETELY understand why it all sounds so confusing love, but how about this:

Why don't you try eating 1240 NET calories a day (Net meaning that if you don't exercise that day you can't go over that number) for about 2 weeks - if you lose weight and feel comfortable on that intake then you know it's right for you.

i have been doin this for a couple weeks now, and i try to not eat any of my excercise calories and im not having any success... should i keep trying? or start eating some of those calories?

HOWEVER, if you find that you're not losing, you're tired, drawn-out, cranky, miserable, etc. then up your calories.

It doesn't matter what other people tell you. Go with your gut instinct first and if it doesn't work then try something different. What's most important is what works FOR YOU and you will never know what does until you try.

I hope this helps.
  • bdunt2646
    Options

I hope this helps.

sorry about that... i messed that one up lol

i have been doin this for a couple weeks now, and i try to not eat any of my excercise calories and im not having any success... should i keep trying? or start eating some of those calories?
  • bdunt2646
    Options
    Just make sure that you net 1240. If you eat (most or all of) your exercise calories (whole other can of worms) you should be fine! Feel it out and see what works for you.

so you are saying i should eat back most or all of the exercise calories? cause alot of times (according to mfp) i burn a decent amount... prolly around 5-700
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Like others suggested, eat like 1240 net calories and make sure to eat all of your exercise calories back. I started out doing this, and I lost about 2-3 pounds per week at the beginning. I went from 182 to 158 in about four months, and I feel amazingly different.
  • bdunt2646
    Options
    Like others suggested, eat like 1240 net calories and make sure to eat all of your exercise calories back. I started out doing this, and I lost about 2-3 pounds per week at the beginning. I went from 182 to 158 in about four months, and I feel amazingly different.

okay....im def going to try this!!! thank you