P90X users - advice please!

Options
2»

Replies

• sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Another tip: Some of the cardio videos can be very intense. If it feels like too much, try doing half the video or substituting with another type of cardio you feel comfortable with. Don't overdo it and strain anything! I am only doing the weight lifting part of P90X classic (3x per week) and trying to do Couch to 5K 3x per week (although on weeks I have less time, I sometimes sacrifice the runs). I am still seeing great results doing this. I love the weight lifting videos a lot and they can be easily modified.

I will say when I tried Yoga X and Core Synergistic the video went through moves too fast for me, and I was not smart and tried to keep up and ended up straining some muscles for a few days (nothing awful but still not fun). So just be smart and listen to your body when you do the cardio DVDs. Work up to the pace that Tony goes at in the DVD. I haven't run into this problem at all with the weight lifting routines, however.
  • tanyaljo11
    tanyaljo11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of P90X...I'm going to be sore! I do love the amount of substitutions offered in the video. I was able to complete all the exercises with the substitutions without getting discouraged. Chest/back and Ab Ripper X down...here we go!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    my personal philosophy is this: sometimes you just have to jump and build your wings on the way down.

Seriously like this! :smile:

Me too! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of P90X...I'm going to be sore! I do love the amount of substitutions offered in the video. I was able to complete all the exercises with the substitutions without getting discouraged. Chest/back and Ab Ripper X down...here we go!

way to go!
  • heth120
    heth120 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Did my day 1 today...oohhh, but my abs are aching!!! And I don't think I'll be lifting anything heavier that my cup of tea tonight! Still...if it was easy I'd have had the body of a goddess years ago. Bring it on! :happy:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Did my day 1 today...oohhh, but my abs are aching!!! And I don't think I'll be lifting anything heavier that my cup of tea tonight! Still...if it was easy I'd have had the body of a goddess years ago. Bring it on! :happy:

CONGRATS! keep it up! :)