Could someone look at my diary and give me any feedback?

Options
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would mind taking a look at my diary and give me any feedback you might have. Whether good or bad I don't mind, I'm just curious to see if theres any tips I can take note of.

I haven't been active for the last 2 weeks and I don't log every weekend, but my eating is fairly consistent. At the moment I alternative days of 30DS and C25K (have only just started this in the last week) and have one rest day. Before this I was doing moderate cardio 3-5 days a week and strength training twice a week, though I has 2 weeks off this due personal issues (hence the non activity recently).

Any feedback would be much appreciated, and I would be happy to look at your diary in return :-) Thanks.

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    are you going for anorexia? With no food that's what it looks like to me it's pretty lame not to drink water also......
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Maybe copy one of your last meals into yesterday's date to help us see.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are making good food choices! I personally would log every day though and keep it consistent.

I would suggest increasing your protein intake
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yep, looks good to me, just looks like you're not consistent logging.
  • rockabillywife
    Options
    I think it looks pretty good!

You seem to be eating pretty healthy foods... If every day is similar, I wouldn't be stressing too much.
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    are you going for anorexia? With no food that's what it looks like to me it's pretty lame not to drink water also......

Like I said I've been inactive for a couple of weeks. I have copied a previous meal to yesterday so you can have a look
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yep, looks good to me, just looks like you're not consistent logging.

I know, I'm not always near a computer and the mobile app doesn't work on my phone! From now on I will try my best to log every day
  • rockingranny45
    rockingranny45 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I always see a lot of people say a person needs to eat lots of food. That is very silly to me. Eating lots of food is what made me over weight. Once i started being health conscious i started only eating when i am hungry. Except mornings i make myself eat breakfast. If your plan is to eat when your hungry i don't see what the problem is. I rarely get over 1,000 calories and i am not starving quite the opposite i feel great and not bloated and stuffed. You have to do what works for you. GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!
    P S the water advice is great so you may want to be sure you push as much water as possible.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I always see a lot of people say a person needs to eat lots of food. That is very silly to me. Eating lots of food is what made me over weight. Once i started being health conscious i started only eating when i am hungry. Except mornings i make myself eat breakfast. If your plan is to eat when your hungry i don't see what the problem is. I rarely get over 1,000 calories and i am not starving quite the opposite i feel great and not bloated and stuffed. You have to do what works for you. GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!
    P S the water advice is great so you may want to be sure you push as much water as possible.

i agree totally! good sane advice.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Eating lots of the WRONG food is what made you overweight.

Eating less than 1000 calories a day is not healthy, no matter what you say. The reason you don't feel hungry is because your body has adjusted to the calorie deficit you are giving it and is using less energy to complete its normal tasks - this is not a good thing.

You don't have to feel bloated and stuffed to get in a healthy amount of calories.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    looks good.
    I would increase protein, maybe add some more veggies and more diary for calcium.
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I think it looks good... I'm big into fiber so I'd say increase that a bit (try to get at least 25 grams/day). I swear that was key to getting a flat stomach..
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If you feel that what your doing isn't working for you, you could try decreasing your carbs a bit more and increasing protien. Also, what someone said earlier increase your fiber intake and with that make sure your drinking enough water or else you may become constipated.

I would say just mess around with your macros a bit and see what works best for you.
  • MrsNANSEE
    Options
    Hiya,
    I agree,more fibre and lots of water.At least 2 litres a day.Try and get half your plate covered with veg or salad with every meal xx
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Adjust your macro's a bit. You are pretty high in carbs most days and fairly low in protien. Intake doesn't look bad though nor do your food choices. I woudl adjust to 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. High protien will help maintain your lean body mass.
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hey I live in melb too. You could eat more dairy eg Greek yoghurt, you can get flavoured ones, more vegies and less carbs ie cous cous.
  • dutch52
    dutch52 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The saying, "you are what you eat", is correct, reading down the replies and my comment would be;
    your balance of macros is near enough (protiens/carbs/fats) the food types I would change, go for more natural foods and stay away from processed foods, sugars and unhealthy fats, this way you can eat a good balance at your calorie goal and wont suffer from hunger spells too much. All the processed and sugary stuff burns off too fast can make you sleepy and have an adverse affect on what your trying to achieve. With all that said, treat yourself regularly so you dont go insane with boring food, try carbmegastore.com they do zero/low calorie foods including chocolate :happy:
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What helped me lose weight the most is tracking my food every single day. Even if you have to write in an actual journal and then transfer, or only do journal. The little things really add up, especially if they're not in front of you. I have my macros set at 40 carbs 30 fat and 30 protein. I try to get 25-30g fiber and keep my sodium at or 2000mg. I have also been working out six days a week for nearly four months. Only within the last month have I seen the most drastic change. Lots of circuit training and strength training has been the focus of my workouts. But I also do cardio, pilates and yoga. Keep at it. I've wanted to give up many times, but I am finally in the best shape of my life. Even before my two children, I never had so much muscle tone.