My Story - Needing friends!

Options
Thought I would re-post this from yesterday since I'm still looking for some help. :)

My name is Isabelle and I'm a foodaholic. (hiiii Isabelle)
I've become quite acquainted with dieting over the last few years, particularly the crash kind. If crash diets were literal I'd be in the ICU. I'd have every bone broken. I crashed hard. You get the message. I've tried and failed, and tried and failed again. I've tried and got far enough to see light at the end of the tunnel, only to discover my appetite exceeds my will power. I've become acquainted with the seductive siren call of open buffets and two for one specials at Foodland. I've learned just the right way to stuff three packets of cheezy balls down your jacket in order to eat them in your room away from any "are you really eating those??" looks (the trick is to cough to mask the rustling. you thought I was joking didn't you.) I've decided along the way that anyone who says nothing tastes as good as skinny feels needs therapy. And something with bacon in it.

This is my second attempt at myfitnesspal after a first try that was almost successful, only to be destroyed by a cheap one night stand with a chicken lasagna. My regime went out the window, and the binge that followed was of positively global proportions. You could have fed an african village for a month. you could have fed their goats. if they ate the goats too, still, perhaps I was unsurpassed. My father died of cancer with 3 months notice, and my hair started to fall out in clumps. My image suffered. Food was my best friend, therapist, confidante and ultimately my worst enemy. But I am undeterred. I've spent too much of my young adult life wearing clothes that suit my body, not my taste. I am 21 years old and have never worn a bikini to the beach. I haven't worn a pair of jeans for 3 years because I hate my legs.

I've realised being overweight has made me a withdrawn, jealous, isolated, lonely person, and its time to kick food off the pedestal I'd like to get on. It's not about "good" and "bad" food. First it's about healing my relationship with food altogether. One things for sure: I'm coming out on top this time.

ADD ME! I've just joined. If your on this website we already have something in common, and I already respect you for being here. Let's help each other do it.

Replies

• m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place for support! Request is on its way!
  • sweet_peas_94
    Options
    I'll support anyone, so add me guys! xx
  • CarlaC78
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I am quite supportive on here x Good luck and welcome back aswell!
  • brandyss
    brandyss Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me!
  • sajbb
    sajbb Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Isabelle,

Well done for coming back and wishing you all the best with your weight loss.

I am 33 and have had issues with bingeing through my teenage years and then again for the last 10 years, but I am determined to put a stop to bingeing for good.

Let's do it! :-)

Saj.
  • eemu
    eemu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Isabelle,

As a fellow 21-year-old who has never rocked a bikini I feel you. Would love to support and be support by you. :)

- eemu
  • georgygirl
    georgygirl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! :) Your story sounds very familiar... Haha, yes, sounds a bit like mine!

I'm 24 and on my way to success :p

Anyway, feel free to add me, I'm always on this site, I try to be supportive as much as I can and I'm quite the positive person :))

Good luck! xx
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    awww :( u came to the right place!!!! it takes time and sometimes we will cheat but doesnt mean its over. we just leave that day behind and move on.. i have been cheating all this past week and still was able to lose half a KG! so dont worry.. i'm 24/7 ON MYFITNESSPAL.. so i got yo bak gurl!
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! A friend request is on its way :flowerforyou:
  • anna473
    anna473 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds familiar. : ) Request coming.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here; friend request sent. :flowerforyou:
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    friend request sent!!
  • madlittleoldme
    Options
    welcome ;0 this is also my second time back ...friend request added
  • annabellerose1973
    Options
    hi guys, just joined here so here goes!! i had a really bad accident in march and have gone from exersising all the time and not feeling too bad about myself to having no confidence at all. :( im really worrried by boyfriend doesnt think much to me anymore so thought i would give this a go to try and feel better about myself....i really ope it works!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    hiiii Isabelle. The most imortant thing you can do in losing weight is NOT QUIT. There is an ancient proverb that says, "Fall down seven times, get up eight." No matter how many times you screw up, just. don't. quit. Friend request sent!
  • gish676
    gish676 Posts: 16
    Options
    You can do it! I have fallen bad the past several months. If you need another friend add me as we'll. we can do this. Focus on health not the number on the scale! I woke up to an infomercial the other night to the words "our body is a temple". It made me think. I have been treating my body like a garbage truck! Good luck!
  • PuppyFat44
    Options
    and make sure that you DO do it for yourself! if he's not supporting you through that, he's not worth the effort. But YOU are always worth the effort.
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi Isabelle,

you made the biggest step already, coming back to MFP! When all of these people say, I'll help you', They really mean it. The most important thing right now is realising: Don't go on a diet! just try to change the way you eat one little step at a time.

Weigh what you eat (really, everything), and log it honestly. even if you fall. And if you do fall a little, don't stay lying on the floor, but get up and kick your bad habits in the but by proving to yourself you are stronger than you were :)

I'll add you as a friend, to support you and to see, a year from now, how great you've done.
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I have dealt with health issues that ultimately caused me to put on at least 100lbs. You are not alone in your struggles, and you can add me if you like! I love to help motivate and give support when I can. Just take this a day at a time, you can do this!