I'm still hungry, what do I do?

Options
Hi, I'm at my self alotted calories for breakfast today but I'm still hungry and I don't want to steal from lunch or dinner. Any "no" calorie foods out there that I can eat? Or any other suggestions?

Replies

• fathomblue
    fathomblue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know about other folks, but I fill myself up with coffee or tea :)
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water :-)
  • Mro19
    Mro19 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    +1 fathom blue
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    There are no "zero calorie" foods. But vegetables pretty low include celery, lettuce, spinach.

You could do some exercise to earn more calories.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Water, coffee, tea. My dietician told me that sometimes hunger is really thirst. Since there's water in food, the body will sometimes feel hungry when it's really thirsty. So try filling up with liquid until lunch.
  • cherryaide
    Options
    make sure your drinking enough water, people often confuse thirst and hunger!

hope you find something to help!

mags x
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    water, tea, coffe, diet coke or sparkling water.
    If I'm hungry and don't want to use kcals I would have 2 carrots - about 60 kcals but takes the hunger away
  • LibertyGloria
    Options
    I would look silly doing exercises at work :-)
  • SamBlease73
    Options
    Try drinking extra water as sometimes your brain can mistake hunger for thirst! A always try to drink at least a pint of water at breakfast to replenish fluid loss during the night, this also seems to help keep hunger at bay for longer as well.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Have a protein-based snack and go for a walk at lunch the 'earn' it.
  • nannadawninsc
    nannadawninsc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HOT TEA, CHEW GUM. GET UP AND TAKE A STROLL, EVEN AT WORK. EXERCISE RELEASES THE SAME ENDORPHINS IN THE BRAIN AS EATING. IF THIS DOESN'T WORK TRY CHEWING S.L.O.W.L.Y. ON CELERY STICKS.
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What did you eat for breakfast? It's all well and good figuring out something to eat now, but you should also consider how you can improve your breakfasts so it doesn't happen again. It may be that you need to change what you're eating or even allot more calories to breakfast than you currently are.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I often split my lunch at work. Had half at 12:00 and will have the second half at 3:00 after the gym.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Tea. Big fat mugs of herbal tea.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Are you actually still hungry or are you just convinced you're still hungry? Do you think you ate ENOUGH?

If you ate enough and you're still hungry, go for water or tea, concentrate on work. Fight the urge to put food in your mouth as a reflex.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Water, baby carrots.

How did you reach your calories? Maybe try eating something different/better in the future.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    APPLES! Granny smith (green) apples are small and full of fiber. they will keep you full and are about 45-ish calories. You can easily burn those calories by taking the stairs at work twice a day.. jogging to your car instead of walking, marching while in the shower instead of standing there, ect. 50 calories is such a small amount!

Since its cool now, i keep a bag od them in my car. when im hungry, i grab one! This keeps me from grabbing take out when rushing home, or when im out doing a million things & still have several things left to do and im STARVING because its been several hours since ive had anything.. its SO easy just to stop for "something small".. yeah right. lol..

Apples are my very best friend!! lol.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Water, baby carrots.

How did you reach your calories? Maybe try eating something different/better in the future.

She said her "self alloted BREAKFAST calories" as in what she allows herself for breakfast, so she can still enjoy her lunch and supper as well. =)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    if you're hungry you should eat. if you are going to go over calories then add exercise.