Dog Trainers: Not what you think...

Options
Instead of finding a trainer for my dog... my dog has become a trainer for me. :laugh: Her favorite exercise is abdominal crunches. She'll lay on top of my chest, and add resistance to the crunches. Her help must be working, though. So far, she's helped me lose 15 pounds since September 4th. :smile:

How does your dog (or any pet) help you on this journey?

006_zpsbad58d2a.jpg

I have a blog up about more of her training antics... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AmberJo1984/view/the-personal-trainer-from-hell-421745

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Haha, cute. My lab isn't exactly a trainer. He tries to lift me up when I do push-ups, jumps when I jump and tries to lick my face when I do sit-ups. When I leave my yoga mat, he decides its the best spot to lay down. I end up burning more calories laughing at him.

( I can get him to stop, he will listen if I tell him, but I find it hilarious.)

He's not much of a runner, he starts lagging after 4 k.

My older German Shepherd was my constant companion during my morning cardio on my bike trainer when I was getting up at 430-0500 and my lab stayed in bed. My GSD also kicks my butt in a run. If I slow down or stop, he lets me know he isn't happy.

I can't post pics from my iPad. :(
  • Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options
    Love this!!! And well, you know how my dog helps!!! :(
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Love this!!! And well, you know how my dog helps!!! :(

I still laugh thinking of the story of your dog. LOL.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Haha, cute. My lab isn't exactly a trainer. He tries to lift me up when I do push-ups, jumps when I jump and tries to lick my face when I do sit-ups. When I leave my yoga mat, he decides its the best spot to lay down. I end up burning more calories laughing at him.

( I can get him to stop, he will listen if I tell him, but I find it hilarious.)

He's not much of a runner, he starts lagging after 4 k.

My older German Shepherd was my constant companion during my morning cardio on my bike trainer when I was getting up at 430-0500 and my lab stayed in bed. My GSD also kicks my butt in a run. If I slow down or stop, he lets me know he isn't happy.

I can't post pics from my iPad. :(

My oldest dog does some of that (trying to lift me up... and stealing my spot). :smile: Aren't dogs wonderful?
  • dimarston
    dimarston Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My dog gets me out walking, no matter the weather.. Wish I could post a video of how excited he is to put his harness on.
  • tbullock11
    tbullock11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mine helps me with quick feet :-) She is only 5 pounds and when I do the dancing video games on the Kinect she keeps me on my toes (literally so I don't step on her) She wants to play too!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Mine is like the OP's dog--she climbs on top of me if I get down on the floor,but she weighs 40 lbs! She also likes to drop toys on my stomach, so situps consist of me flat on my back, toy dropped on tummy, sit up while throwing toy, repeat. :bigsmile:

She does make sure I get a minimum two nice long walks every day, regardless of weather. :wink: