Running buddies

Options
Hey all, I am a recent comeback kid with an almost empty friends list. What I would really love to find is a couple of people who have similar goals as me. this year I have run a Color Me Rad 5k and a 4 mile run, but will be traing for a 10k, and my ultimate goal is to run a marathon by the time I am 30! if you have similar goals, please add me, I want to be your friend! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. Always looking for other runners for support and encouragement!
  • cottle2
    Options
    Hi guys. I have recently caught the running bug. I ran four miles on Friday. This is the furthest I have run, so proud of myself and all I want to do is go out running again! Feel free to add me as I embark on my running journey :-)
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm a new runner and I've done two 5ks so far, training for a 10k in April and who knows after that. I'm a bit older than you though, will be 40 soon.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I learned to love running...it needs to be done :)
  • PattyC64
    PattyC64 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I ran in my 30s with a goal of running a marathon by the time I was 40. I got up to 13 miles, but hurt my back and couldn't run again. Now, it's 10 years later and I realize that no workouts excite me like running. For 2012, my goal is to run a 5k a month. I'm very slow, and can barely do the 3 miles. I started Insanity 5 weeks about (just started month 2), and hope this will build my core enough to get better with my runs. Ultimately, I'd love to do a marathon when I'm 50! I have a little over 2 years.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hey we have very similar goals, I'm pretty new to running but I've fallen in love with it, I'm trying to train up for a 10k in December eek!Next year hopefully a couple of half marathons and eventually the London marathon in 2014. I'll send you an add need friends with running goals and tips x
  • tpop917
    tpop917 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner. Just ran Army 10. Training for the Goofy Challenge in Jan at Disney. Ran the Disney full this past Jan.
    I didn't start running till I was 40. I love it.
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi, just did a half marathon yesterday (Columbus). Add me if you'd like.
  • EricaRuns27
    EricaRuns27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner also! Training for a half marathon in December or January.

I'm adding you. Anyone else feel free to add me also. 
  • msps1973
    msps1973 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started running in May and I can say that I am addicted!!! I have run the Color Run 5k, a 3.8 mi trail run and have a Halloween 5k this sat. I average about 9-15 miles per week (for now!!!). I am pushing for some 10k races next year and perhaps a half by fall. I would LOVE to run a marathon in the next 2-3 years!!

Feel free to add :)
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you just now.
  • MDIRunner
    Options
    I'm a runner! Feel free to add me!
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Another new runner here! I did my first 5k a few weeks ago, and have 2 more scheduled this year. My goal is to do 6 races in 2013, and then hopefully be ready for a 10k. I am a slow runner, but love it!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Been running for about a year now. Just complete my first half...with no desire to do a full right now. Feel free to add me.
  • estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is also to ran a half marathon. Adding you!