Dear Fitness Plateau.....$(##@&%!!!!!

Options
Dear Plateau -

You've arrived unannounced and uninvited. I was doing great until you showed up! Things were moving along as a steady clip. I was happy, loving life with a new-found glow :blushing: , and then you reared your ugly head. (grrrrrrr) :mad: You're not welcome here; therefore I've decided to send you packing. I'm not going to make a big scene about this. I'm simply going to ask that you leave so I can keep moving forward without you in my life (thank you very much!!)

As I continue my daily due-diligence of mindful, healthful consumption, and physical activity, I will forget that you ever existed and continue my journey toward a better life sans you! Now EFF OFF so I can get to my goal! :grumble:

Sincerely,
Perseverance
:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Work through it! I was in a plateau for the entire month of August but I kept with it and have lost 10 pounds since.

I got off my plateau by eating a little more - making sure I was at least 1200 net calories per day. I also mixed up my fitness routine a litle by adding a weekly cardio circuit workout to rev up my metabolism.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Work through it! I was in a plateau for the entire month of August but I kept with it and have lost 10 pounds since.

I got off my plateau by eating a little more - making sure I was at least 1200 net calories per day. I also mixed up my fitness routine a litle by adding a weekly cardio circuit workout to rev up my metabolism.

I concur :) I think that's some good advice :)
  • Tari_D
    Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I went through a plateau and I read all the advice going on what to do about it; eat more calories, eat less, change your exercise, change your macros, eat more protein etc etc.
    I did eventually try eating at maintenance for a couple of weeks and then dropped my calories down a tiny bit more than they had been before the plateau and that seemed to work so it could have been that I "reset" my metabolism. And I have tried to get more protein (as I am also doing more weight lifting) . But to be honest my main advice is to just keep at it. Maybe just don't look at the scale for a month? And if you aren't already start measuring, if you are just go by that. Just spend time enjoying healthy food and finding exercise that is fun and focus on that.