Took the weekend off, up 5.8 pounds

Options
I went to a hockey game Friday then out after, out with friends Saturday as well and ate whatever I wanted and drank too much. Scale this morning was not friendly, looks like I gained back 3 weeks of hard work. wondering how much is water retention. Trying so hard not to be discouraged. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• nis75p06
    nis75p06 Posts: 114
    Options
    You do not gain 6 pounds of fat over night. You can "gain" 6 pounds of retained water over night from too much booze and too much sodium.
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You do not gain 6 pounds of fat over night. You can "gain" 6 pounds of retained water over night from too much booze and too much sodium.

Totally agree drink lots and lots of water over the next couple of days and it should all come off :D
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Carry on eating like you was when you first started losing this weight give it a few days and the scale will probably be the same as before this weekend off :)
  • Morenosn
    Morenosn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can drink lots and lots of water a day about 60 ounces and if any of it is water retention it will come off in about a week. There is this cleanse that I do once every 2 mos or so. It is 60 ounces of Distilled or Purified water, 1 tea bag of Dandelion root tea, 1 Tbsp of 100% No Sugar added Cranberry Juice (I use Ocean Spray from Walmart), 2 Tbsp of Raw Lemon Juice. I put it all in a pitcher in the fridge over night and then drink the whole thing the next day. Do this every day for 7 days and the water weight will be gone.
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be drinking a lot of water today for sure and will be back to working out. I know it's mostly water but it's so hard to see the numbers go up that drastically. I only stepped on the scale to encourage myself to get back on track and it worked. changes are very good that I had an extra 3500 calories in alcohol alone, no more drinks for awhile!
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Don't deny yourself the odd treat, you don't have to have a perfect diet all the time so if you want a weekend partying go for it, just remember not to weight yourself until a few days later when you've had a chance to re-hydrate :D
  • jrmartinezb
    jrmartinezb Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Yep it happened to me a couple of weeks ago. After a weekend of excess food and booze I went up a littl over two pounds. Im lucky that my weight doesn't seem to fluctuate too wildly from day to day, but I've found that watching the amout of salt I take keeps it steady.

My guess is that if you drink plenty of water you'll lose the extr weight rather quickly. I don't think you will need to reduce calories or anything like that.
  • kepower
    kepower Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water to flush your system. Food out seems to be higher in sodium so just watch your salt/sodium intake. Hang in there, we all need a break. As my sister tells me, don't beat yourself up. Pick up and start in again.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    My guess is the salt is the main culprit. I've had weekends where my intake deviated slightly upward from normal and seen a surprising increase on the scale, only to see it gone a couple days later. (I only record weights that are lower than the previous :bigsmile: )
  • Ninjoe42
    Options
    Yea if you managed to gain 6 pounds of fat in 2 days you have greater concerns than your diet lol. It'll slough off in a few days
  • schell81
    Options
    (I only record weights that are lower than the previous :bigsmile: )

me too!
  • schell81
    Options
    I just checked out calories burned for 3 hours of dancing, has me hopeful that the weight will be gone very quickly