Single and dating

Options
butterflylady86
butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
Hello Please tell me how you feel about Dating Sites? Good / Bad ? Why do people dislike the term Big Beautiful Woman? I feel I'm a Plus size woman. I feel that I'm pretty. Thank you Have a great Day.

Replies

• SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    MFP is a wonderful dating site.
  • LindsayHein
    LindsayHein Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have friends and family members who have had great exeriences wiith dating sites (my cousin married her e-harmony find) and I have had some that have had awful experiences. I say there is no harm in trying just be careful.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on a dating site. You do have to weed through a lot to find the good ones, but it is possible. You never know until you try! Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    There's good and bad in all dating sites. Freaks are everywhere. You have to be careful and selective.

As for the term BBW, that's the only choice I see fit when describing myself. I'm don't have a few pounds extra...I have many. And therefore I'm big, and beautiful, and I'm a woman. LOL.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Dont spend too much time on it or it will start to have a negative effect on your self esteem - having tons and tons of guys to talk to and still not finding a connection is hard to bear. Use them in small doses. Or just to shop for sex - tahts really what they are best for.

Good luck! :drinker:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP is probably the best "dating" site ever, even if you aren't looking here for that
  • Show_Stopper
    Show_Stopper Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Do people really use this site for dating? I flirt but does anything really ever come out of it?
  • prinlea2000
    prinlea2000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There's good and bad in all dating sites. Freaks are everywhere. You have to be careful and selective.

As for the term BBW, that's the only choice I see fit when describing myself. I'm don't have a few pounds extra...I have many. And therefore I'm big, and beautiful, and I'm a woman. LOL.

^^ This.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am scared of dating sites. However, I'm scared of getting hurt again, so I'm pretty much scared of dating. But, meeting someone from online just seems like asking for danger.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    MFP is probably the best dating site ever, even if you aren't looking here for that

i knew i joined the right site!!!:drinker:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My #1 rule. . be honest. . Don't post a glamor shot that looks nothing like you. . You want to attract someone who's interested in YOU, not try to trick someone into going on a date with you . unless it's just about getting free dinner. . If that's the case. . . knock yourself out!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Do people really use this site for dating? I flirt but does anything really ever come out of it?

Let's find out.
  • PlushHyena
    Options
    The best thing about those sites is when they have personal questions to answer and choose the way your partner should answer them. My boyfriend and I had over 90% compatibility on OKCupid and it seems to be true in real life (we are 2 years together). We both answered a lot of their questions. If someone's answers are public, you can find out if that person isn't for you without having to talk. (I had serious doubts about anyone who answered yes to the question about group sex and so on. Thankfully, I've found a young man who thinks that's silly and uncomfortable.)
  • erickirb
    Options

Yes it does, there are half a dozen that I know of
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    MFP is a wonderful dating site.

Hello to all the single guys! How you doin'? :wink:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

MFP is the king of Long-Distance-Relationship dating sites. No. . nobody ever actually MEETS the person they fall in love with.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I never thought of this as a dating site. Working on myself now. That the best medicine of all. Dating can wait until I'm where I want to be.
  • Show_Stopper
    Options

Let's find out.

I'm willing if you are?
  • Show_Stopper
    Options

MFP is the king of Long-Distance-Relationship dating sites. No. . nobody ever actually MEETS the person they fall in love with.

Well that's just sad
  • erickirb
    Options

Well that's just sad

I think he was being sarcastic. In other words if you fall in love, you make it work