I need help!! on my calories

Options
I need some help...:huh: I am doing ok with everything except for one of my MFP friends:flowerforyou: brought it to my attention and made me relize it really is a issue and problem last night :sad: ...Since I started eating healthy foods:drinker: , I have been trying really hard for over a week and I am not able to get even close to my calories.:cry: .I have been falling short by like 500 or 800 just diffrent numbers..I can not even get in 1200 calories not alone 1510..:noway: I know this is not good but If i try to eat more I feel sick.:sick: .Please help me I dont want to go into startvation mode:grumble: and I know thats where it will take me!! (I do not have time in a day to eat more meals due to work scheduel and working diffrent shifts not knowing when i will get a lunch)..also if i do get close I seem to go over in sodium and sugar:angry: ..My food log is open to anyone that would like to take a look and offer help to me...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    What about raw nuts? Almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts? They contain good oils and are a good way to get healthy calories. Avocado? Same thing. Healthy fats and effective calories. :)
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I tried to access your log but it doesn't show up for me. :) It's interesting because I'm finding that at first I had such a hard time cutting calories and now that I am eating so much healthier and exercising I am having to work hard to actually eat *enough* calories. Crazy how that works.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I tried to take a look at your diary but you have it private / or for friends only... :flowerforyou: You might need to update the 'good' foods to a higher caloric... I had and some days still have issues with this - meeting my caloric and keeping that dog-gone sodium down but have gotten away from the low cal processed foods and started making my meals from fresh items. I really have to watch those "Low-fat" items they sell because the sodium is high in most... I still have issues with going over on my carbs and not meeting my calories. It is a challenge... We'll make it!! :bigsmile:
  • SableGrey
    Options
    I have this same problem. I usually have a hard time meeting protein and going way over sodium too. No more eating out or "diet" meals....because everything is sooooo high in sodium. I cook my own meals...no salt added...that is the best way to cut down on sodium.

A glass of wine with dinner helps with the calories. Also, if you can eat more than three meals a day....even if you have 4 smaller meals and then dinner, it helps. You can manage in more calories that way.

What's really hard is when you are working out and burning more calories and it adds calories to your daily intake. It's a challenge for me.
  • Lusadi
    Lusadi Posts: 79
    Options
    If you look at her diary it comes up just fine.

What I would suggest by looking at today is to add a piece of fruit to breakfast, a glass of milk to lunch, switch your fiber one bar for something more balanced with a higher caloric density like a Zone bar or balance bar. Nuts add great caloric ballast and it doesn't take more than a few. If you can fit in exercise anywhere, that should help your appetite wake up as well.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    What about raw nuts? Almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts? They contain good oils and are a good way to get healthy calories. Avocado? Same thing. Healthy fats and effective calories. :)

Those are some great ideas! also, alot of times we'll cut milk out of our diets. Try adding skim milk to your diet, boiled eggs (70 cals), and string cheese (depends on what kind, but usually 70 cals) are good things too. They pack a much needed healthy punch without having to make you eat a bunch. (lol that rhymed HA!) Just adding 3 glasses of skim milk can increase your calories by 270, which could probably put you over 1200.. Just try to at least eat the 1200.. Your body needs at least that. Have fun with it! Start putting mayo on your sandwiches.. If you got the cals for it than do it. I just started adding mayo back into my diet.. I buy Best Foods Low Fat (15 cals!!! and it's GOOD!)
  • mhesterruns
    Options
    I find my self witht the same problem but not quiet the large number. MAybe find a great snack you like- no matter what it is. Also be sure you are counting the things you put in while you are cooking, such as butter, marinades, ketchup etc. Those thigns added up when I started putting them in.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Most raw nuts or good oils are great additions to your diet to get the calorie count you need. Also, heard of Shakeology? It's a great meal replacement that will get you more nutrition than an average meal and you can dress it up as much as you need to gain extra calories. Here's some info on it: www.shakeology.com/dare2befit
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem and I'm hoping I've found something of a fix. When I *finally* went to the grocery store last night, I got a ton of granola cereals and dried and nuts. Guess what I did with them? Measured them all out into baggies for grab-n-go snacks; or if nothing else, just measured. I've already set them up in "my meals" and I think each baggie is close to 300 cals. The granola cereal I used is a pumpkin seed & flax, tossed in some dried apricots and mango pieces.

I also boiled a dozen eggs in addition to cutting up TONS of veggies and putting them in their own containers (mini-veggie trays) with water, to keep them fresh. Except the celery. Those I put in a large round container on their own with water so they'll stay crisp after being pre-cut.

I am REALLY hoping this does the trick! Cuz Monday, I up my cals to 1500 and yesterday was an 800 day. YIKES!! Avacados.. YUM! They're just so danged expensive!!! The nuts are in my baggies (I also had a nut mix that I portioned out separately). I think the reality is - when you eat healthier and more whole foods - they have less cals and some of us just can't eat that much! Something I read on another post just a few minutes ago- listen to your body. This isn't purely a numbers game. I sure hope we'll both do better, regardless! :-) I can't wait to join the ranks of losers!!! LOL